New member with x300 mower deck issue

/ New member with x300 mower deck issue #1  

car3862

Tractor
John Deere x300 42" deck
I'm a new member who has a John Deere X300 with a 42" deck that does not stay level. The only time that it mows level is when I have it on the highest setting. Every time I adjust the cutting height I have to re-level the deck but it doesn't maintain a level cut. I adjusted the cut heght to 3.25" today and had to re-level 3 times. Not sure what to do. I love the tractor but am very frustrated with he mower deck. Has anyone experienced the same issue or have any suggestions on how to reslve?

/ New member with x300 mower deck issue #2  
:welcome: and bump

/ New member with x300 mower deck issue #4  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the John Deere Lawn & Garden forum. :)

/ New member with x300 mower deck issue #5  
Did you see my response to your post the other day?

"Are you using the plastic adjuster tool that comes with the mower or are you actually adjusting the blade height? I found that I couldn't get it level using the plastic gadgit as the instructions suggests. If using it, then check the height of the blades. I found with mine that there was a half inch difference at least. I now only adjust by measuring the blades themselves. JD makes a plastic measuring tool that makes it easier to measure the blades height from the outside of the deck so you aren't trying to see or stick your fingers under there. I was so disapointed with the mowing the first year until I figured this out. Good luck to you. "

/ New member with x300 mower deck issue #6  
When my X320 48" deck starts leaving the Mohawk look, the first thing I check is tire pressure- it doesn't have to be off much to leave a lousy cut.

/ New member with x300 mower deck issue #7  
When my X320 48" deck starts leaving the Mohawk look, the first thing I check is tire pressure- it doesn't have to be off much to leave a lousy cut.

This is so true as well. A couple lbs low will make a difference.