jd x320 stops

/ jd x320 stops #1  

glbpab1225

Tractor
john deere x320
runs for 15 minutes then stops, let set 1 minute then starts and runs about 1 hour then stops again. when it starts to stop I can choke and make it keep running. I changed fuel filter thought that was it but did same thing next week. some one suggested fuel solenoid. why would it only cut out randomly. and where does its power come from

/ jd x320 stops #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet.

/ jd x320 stops
Thank You, Hope to figure out why my deere wont keep eating

/ jd x320 stops #4  
it sounds like an obstruction in the tank, any chance you have dropped a cap or
piece of debris into the fuel tank? similar conditions happen when something gets sucked
up against the fuel pickup, cutting or slowing fuel flow, then when it shuts down it releases
the item so it starts and runs ok for a while. you can pull a fuel line and let it drain (before the
filter)into a pail and watch it for flow, and see if you get a slow down there.

/ jd x320 stops
I'll check it. Thanks

/ jd x320 stops #6  
Have you put a new gas cap on lately? They should be vented. I bought one off ebay said it was vented. Turns out the spring inside the cap was too strong this causing a vacuum when the tank got hot. Jammed a small piece of plastic at the vent release and solved the problem. Vapor lock will have same symtoms, so as mentioned..

/ jd x320 stops
thanks I sure will look at this

/ jd x320 stops
not new but checking for air

/ jd x320 stops
Have you put a new gas cap on lately? They should be vented. I bought one off ebay said it was vented. Turns out the spring inside the cap was too strong this causing a vacuum when the tank got hot. Jammed a small piece of plastic at the vent release and solved the problem. Vapor lock will have same symtoms, so as mentioned..

Hi Thank You. The gas cap vent hole was pluged. Runs great now, nothing runs like a deere.