New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #1  

bubbacuse77

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520, John Deere X749
Anyone that use to have an X700 Ultimate vintage 2006-2012 trade in for a new 2013 X700 series? If so what are the noticeable differences after using it?

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series
Nobody.........Really?

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #3  
A friend of mine ordered a new x758 and should be getting it in the next few days. I plan to compare it to my older model out of curiosity after it arrives.

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #4  
Good to hear, I love my x749 as well and had the option to buy a new 2013 but passed to get the later model.

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #6  
Good to hear, I love my x749 as well and had the option to buy a new 2013 but passed to get the later model.

There certainly will be a few. The only reason I see to do so is to upgrade to the deck. The new decks are drive on/off with the quick attach feature. Which is really slick. I think JD hit that one out of the part quite frankly.

I hate attaching my deck on my X749 even though it only takes me less than 4 minutes each way.

The new decks are not 7 irons, but they are an upgrade to the ones on the X74x series in my opinion. But for me to trade in my machine for one that only has a mild upgrade in the deck is not worth losing my ability to put on my FEL. There was talk early on that the X75 series would have a FEL offering next year.
I don't see how quite frankly looking at the frame.

Plus they do not have an X749 equivalent.

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #7  
I also thought about upgrading, but without the ability of the FEL I guess I will have to keep my 06 728. these tractors are hard to beat. My cousin is a landscaper and he purchased a 738 early in the summer, I asked how he likes it and all he said was "its nice" kind of an odd response for a 10.000 dollar purchase.

I'm with you guys, Now that JD doesn't make an AWD, AWS, diesel with the ability to put a loader on I feel even more fortunate to have gotten a x749 before they quit selling them. I have heard that the drive over decks are nice but some people have reported that they are having deck leveling issues. If I save 3 minutes just to spend countless more leveling the deck, I'll pass.

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #9  
I like my x749 so far have about 300 hrs on it and well satisfied for the most part. Removing and replacing the deck are more trouble than I would like but not that bad that I would upgrade either. I didn't buy the mower with the idea of using a fel on it, way too small for that imo. Don't wan't a fel on my 4520 either since the 110tlb handles those jobs.

/ New X700 Series vs late model X700 Ultimate series #10  
I bought my X740 in February of 2013. I had the choice to wait another month and buy a new X7 series, but I opted out of that. I personally feel that the machine has been cheapened down in some aspects. The dash area along with the hood looks like a lower quality product than the previous models. I like the look of my 2012 better than the new machines. I have a larger fuel tank in my machine too, versus the new 2013's.

The only gripe I have is the deck removal can be a pain on the older X7's, just like some others have mentioned. I hardly take my deck off, so for me, it wasn't a deal breaker.

What was left of the 2012 X7's went FAST this year. I purchased the last X740 machine in my entire Province. That was only 2 months into the year too, not even spring time yet. When I was shopping, they only had gas powered models left. The salesman told me anyone who knows anything about these machines is grabbing what's left of the 2012's, especially the diesel models. I didn't want to take the chance of someone else scooping this one from me, so the day I went to look at it, I signed the papers on the spot.

I landed an incredible price on my machine, but even if I hadn't, I think I still would have opted for my 2012 over a new model.