need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off.

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off. #1  

crossy

Tractor
J-D 2305 SCUT, LX279 mower.
I just bought a used LX279, it has the electric PTO that engages the blades. I desparetely need to have the blades still spin when it is in reverse around my yard.. what is the easiest way to disconnect the automatic cut out that shuts the blades off when you even touch the reverse pedal.
thanx- Crossy

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off. #2  
does it have a knob that you have to hold up to keep the blades running in reverse? Just jumper the wires that go to that switch.

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off. #3  
..also easy to :
Follow the linkage of the Reverse pedal to where a (magnetic) proximity switch senses you've pressed the reverse pedal. I believe its at the back of the tractor, on the right, above the axle. Or maybe it right under the floorboard below the foot pedal. (I'll go look today) You'll find it, its the only thing with a wire going to a thing next to the linkage. Disconnect sensor from wires at 2 pin connector. Insert 2" jumper wire in connector. Voila! You can now back over your cat!

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off. #4  
On mine I unplugged the connector at the dash switch and plugged a fuse into the wire connector.

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off.
I found the switch was really easy to get to at the back of the mower and it was semi-adjustable and I backed it away as far as I could and now I can back up slowly w/o the blades cutting out. I could always alter the mounting holes to get it not shut off at all, but I am ok with it until the season starts up again. STILL can't find a serial number on this?? thanx , crossy

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off. #6  
Switch is there because operators have backed over pets, family and children then sued the company. Just keep in mind of you ever back over somebody, the courts will frown on your mods.

/ need to disconnect the auto blade shut-off.
and you said that w/o a lol??? OMG- there goes my yard Gnome