X485 wont start

/ X485 wont start #1  

chako

Tractor
X485
I stopped to refuel my X485 and now it wont start. I do not hear the fuel pump priming when turning on the key.

/ X485 wont start #2  
There's a fuse for the in tank electric fuel pump. Not exactly sure but it's probably located behind the right side panel. I just had the same problem with my 455 and also on a 425. Sometimes the plugs get worn out or dirty. Most likely that's all it is. Hope this helps you out. I'll check back.

/ X485 wont start #3  
It could be bad connections going to the fuel pump. I have thought several times that I needed a new fuel pump with the same symptoms that you note. But so far every time I have managed to get the thing pumping. This is not real easy to check with a voltmeter.
Mine is 445 but the setup looks similar. You also have supply + return voltage in these wires for the fuel sender.
On mine when the switch is turned on the fuel pump is energized for about 4 seconds then is turned back off until it's cranked.
This complete assembly is expensive so hope you don't need it.
I am told that the actual fuel pumps rarely fail. Some gets replaced when the problem was actually the wiring.
It may also have a relay to turn the pump on.

/ X485 wont start
I have voltage all the way thru to the fuel pump it self. New one is to arrive today. Thanks all for the info.

/ X485 wont start
Installed the new Fuel Pump Sender unit and it started right up.

/ X485 wont start #6  
Too bad, you could have used this as an excuse to go get a new X7!