Tractor
    John Deere Model 175

Default John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster

I posted this as a reply to another of my threads but thought it'd be more appropriate as a topic of its own.

I'm stuck with what I'll call the deck height selector arm and an extra spring. The spring was hooked under the fender at the selector but was disconnected. My first attempt failed to do what I thought it should so now I'm looking for pics on the proper setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-2deck-straps-deck-height-adjuster.jpg   John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-4alternate-spring-connection.jpg   John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-1deck-straps-height-adjuster.jpg   John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-3height-adjuster-spring-detail.jpg  

Tractor
    John Deere Model 175

Default Re: John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster

Found the answer last night. I decided to look at the fender itself and remembered a fellow said something about the spring hooking to the selector cover. It didn't make sense, and mechanically, I couldn't understand how it'd work, but now I know it just serves as a flexible surface for the selector arm to slide past and stay in the notches. Here'John Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-1notch-plastic-long-end-spring.jpgJohn Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-2both-ends-connected.jpgJohn Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-3demonstrates-function-spring.jpgJohn Deere Model 175 Deck Height Selector / Adjuster-4park-brake-lever-spring-setup.jpgs some pics in case anyone else needs them.