JD LX266 Lawn Mower - 2 new problems -

/ JD LX266 Lawn Mower - 2 new problems - #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Guys,

I'm just in from trying to mow for only the second time this season. too much rain, not enough time, grass got too long...

Such is life.

But my LX266 mower is giving me fits now.

#1 - I noticed it has gotten VERY, VERY slow in reverse. Goes great forwards though.
#2 - Just now mowing my way up the hill in the back yard, the mower deck simply stopped. No noise, no nothing but no blades whirling. I cannot see any reason yet.

Got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
David

/ JD LX266 Lawn Mower - 2 new problems -
I found a loose connection and got the PTO working again. Had to remove the mower deck... But I'm not as n00b as I used to be... The very slow in reverse bugs me still...

/ JD LX266 Lawn Mower - 2 new problems - #3  
Any chance your cruise control lever is slightly pushed forward? That happened to me once, not pushed forward enough to make the mower move but enough to give me half reverse speed.

/ JD LX266 Lawn Mower - 2 new problems -
Any chance your cruise control lever is slightly pushed forward? That happened to me once, not pushed forward enough to make the mower move but enough to give me half reverse speed.

I briefly tested for that and I'm going to say no that was not it.

But awesome suggestion...

David