pics of my new customized X500

/ pics of my new customized X500 #11  
Tell us more about the tach. Is it aftermarket? OEM? or?

/ pics of my new customized X500
IMG_0292.JPGIMG_0291.jpgIMG_0294.jpgHere are some closeups of the chain gizmo I made for the discharge area. I used the piece of plywood you see instead of a metal strip like in the front because there is a gap in the rear area that the aluminum angle doesn't cover. The rest is 2 small eye bolts into the angle then a threaded rod through them with pieces of chain hanging between spacers I had or made. Using this type setup will tend to make the grass "clump" instead of dispersing evenly when it comes out. So if you care about that, it might not be for you.......... Link to tach was in my last post..........

/ pics of my new customized X500 #13  
Here are some closeups of the chain gizmo I made for the discharge area. I used the piece of plywood you see instead of a metal strip like in the front because there is a gap in the rear area that the aluminum angle doesn't cover. The rest is 2 small eye bolts into the angle then a threaded rod through them with pieces of chain hanging between spacers I had or made. Using this type setup will tend to make the grass "clump" instead of dispersing evenly when it comes out. So if you care about that, it might not be for you...

Thanks for the additional pics and description. Doesn't seem too difficult to do...I should be able to figure out something for my 54HC.

/ pics of my new customized X500 #14  
How come your anti scalp wheels are not the same setting?

/ pics of my new customized X500 #15  
Nice flames rekees4300. Does it mow faster now? :)

Found the pic on the internet, that's not my mower. I have X500 that already can go faster than any human can run but it hasn't been customized and could use a little flare. :)

/ pics of my new customized X500 #16  
View attachment 382359View attachment 382358View attachment 382360Here are some closeups of the chain gizmo I made for the discharge area. I used the piece of plywood you see instead of a metal strip like in the front because there is a gap in the rear area that the aluminum angle doesn't cover. The rest is 2 small eye bolts into the angle then a threaded rod through them with pieces of chain hanging between spacers I had or made. Using this type setup will tend to make the grass "clump" instead of dispersing evenly when it comes out. So if you care about that, it might not be for you.......... Link to tach was in my last post..........
Personally, I would use a heavier chain closer together. The heavier the chain, the better it will be at knocking down rocks and other nasties.
Here is what I have on our bush hog and it works well:
179147d1284856610-rotary-cutter-id-please-img_2330-custom-jpg

Aaron Z

/ pics of my new customized X500 #17  
Here is the ebay link to the tach/hourmeter I used. There are a bunch of different ones out there. I had a 'SENDEC' previously and it held up for several years on my GT235; this one is a generic version that cost a lot less than the SENDEC.

I need 2 or 3 of these little tachometers. It's interesting that the only connection is 4 or 5 wraps around a spark plug wire.
I want them mainly to make sure mine is running at the suggested maximum speed.

But, I watched a video and the RPM display seemed to never really stabilize.
Does the one you used add stabilize and read what you think is accurate?
The hour meter is a bonus also because the LX188 mowers also have no hour indication.
Does it just swap between the 2 values, or can you push a button?

/ pics of my new customized X500
Both the ones I have are very stable and give an accurate reading. Both are the waterproof type where the wire lays in a slot in the unit. (other end wraps around plug wire as you say) When the tractor is running it shows RPM; when the tractor is off it shows Hours.

/ pics of my new customized X500 #20  
Nice looking tractor there. Adding that tach meter is a great idea. I should add one to mine.

Chad