X475 fuel pump

/ X475 fuel pump #1  

elevmech

Tractor
X475
Trying to help the widow next door. Her tractor shuts down after about an hour run time. It may restart after half an hour or maybe many hours. John Deere dealer did her no good, said they ran it a lot and mowed with it and it didn't fail for them. She went to them with questions about vapor lock and checking fuel pump. When it's down, there is no sound of the fuel pump running. I noticed her fuel gauge doesn't work also. Any help appreciated!

/ X475 fuel pump #2  
They are VERY known for failed fuel pumps.
My dads 475 did the exact same thing and a week later the pump finally died totally.
Put a pump in it!

/ X475 fuel pump
They are VERY known for failed fuel pumps.
My dads 475 did the exact same thing and a week later the pump finally died totally.
Put a pump in it![/

Thanks alot, it will get a pump soon.

/ X475 fuel pump #4  
Maybe do the pump check, to at least see if the pump is working. Could also get an idea if it is able to put out some pressure, even tho a pressure gauge would be the best test.

/ X475 fuel pump #5  
You can hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on. If the engine stalls and you can NOT hear the fuel pump, then its real obvious.

I forget, but the dealer fixed ours for around $400 parts and labor if I remember correctly. They said they replace MANY of them.