Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739?

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739?
Eric102, I purchased KingKutter BB-48 $450 at local Farm Implement store 2 miles from house. It had some scratches on it and was an older blue model, I suspect it was used but the blades looked new and the mounting pins were pristine. A young man who works as mechanic there lives next door to me picked it up and delivered to me for free. I gave him $20 for the help.

I found the TL with the kit just barely made my blade level at its full extent. This was unusable, and dangerous cause the TL would invariably stress and fail at its full extent. Having not decided to do the Hyd TL yet, I purchased a 15"-19" manual TL. Since the kit requires a 5/8" ball at the tractor, I also had to purchase a 5/8 to 3/4 bushing, then I had to grind the shoulders off of the manual TL since the kit is 1" wide at the tractor.

So, I used the blade a bit, and realized how important a Hyd TL was. That is when I contacted Brian at fitrite. I will post pic when I am complete.

If my box blade ends up needing a longer manual top link I do have an extra one that could work with the modifications you noted until I get the hydraulic TL.

I went ahead and ordered the rear hydraulic kit a few days ago to get that part of the project completed.

What did Brian quote you for his TL?

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #22  
If my box blade ends up needing a longer manual top link I do have an extra one that could work with the modifications you noted until I get the hydraulic TL.

I went ahead and ordered the rear hydraulic kit a few days ago to get that part of the project completed.

What did Brian quote you for his TL?

I too ordered my rear hyd ports to get that part completed.

The price I paid was $323;
Hyd-TL 14.25" to 20.25", 2" Dia Cylinder, 1 1/4" rod;
1/4" Hoses with Male QDs;
1 set of Restrictor Orifices;
UPS 4 day Shipping.
6-8 week lead time.

I too ordered my rear hyd ports to get that part completed.

The price I paid was $323;
Hyd-TL 14.25" to 20.25", 2" Dia Cylinder, 1 1/4" rod;
1/4" Hoses with Male QDs;
1 set of Restrictor Orifices;
UPS 4 day Shipping.
6-8 week lead time.

That seems fair. He must be pretty busy for a lead time of 6-8 weeks.

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #24  
Yes, very fair, it is right in line with his sample pricing on his website.

Installed the rear remotes today, the kit is very complete and fits the X739 well even though it was designed for the earlier 2 wheel steer models. Only needed to bend one hose hanger near the rear wheel to make sure I had plenty of clearance for the 4 wheel steering.

X739 hydraulics 018.jpg Rear couplers.

X739 hydraulics 022.jpg Plenty of hose clearance with rear wheel at full right lock, probably didn't even need to bend the hanger.

X739 hydraulics 010.jpg Hose routing and hangers.

X739 hydraulics 023.jpg Mower deck fully raised, no interference issues.

X739 hydraulics 006.jpgX739 hydraulics 007.jpg Front couplers.

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #26  
Installed the rear remotes today, the kit is very complete and fits the X739 well even though it was designed for the earlier 2 wheel steer models. Only needed to bend one hose hanger near the rear wheel to make sure I had plenty of clearance for the 4 wheel steering.

How accessible are the ports with the hitch on? The seem to be set back pretty far.

How accessible are the ports with the hitch on? The seem to be set back pretty far.

Just below and set back a little bit from the click N go bracket. Not as handy as yours but for the little use they will get they are fine. Plus its unlikely they will get banged by anything where they are.

X739 hydraulics 019.jpg

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #28  
Eric102, your last pic reminded me of an unanswered a question Ive been having. Can the Click-n-Go brackets be mounted and utilized with the 3PH?

Eric102, your last pic reminded me of an unanswered a question Ive been having. Can the Click-n-Go brackets be mounted and utilized with the 3PH?

The brackets can stay on the tractor when using the 3pt. But when you need to use the click n go brackets the 3pt arms and top link need to come off.

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #30  
Just below and set back a little bit from the click N go bracket. Not as handy as yours but for the little use they will get they are fine. Plus its unlikely they will get banged by anything where they are.

View attachment 392725

Looks real nice and neat. I'm guessing just outside the lower links? I wanted that bracket (only the bracket) but couldn't seem get any help just buying it. Sometimes JD parts at my local dealer leave a lot to be desired. They didn't even know what I was talking about. And the guys where you bought weren't much help either: shooed me off to "my dealer"; wouldn't even give me a part number. I guess if I didn't want the whole kit they didn't want to deal with me.