New to me LX178 was mowing fine halfway through my yard it just died

/ New to me LX178 was mowing fine halfway through my yard it just died #1  

bscotmichael

Tractor
LX178
I was mowing and it was running fine. Halfway through my yard it just died. Will turn over and fire, then dies immediately. Played with choke got it running for a few minutes then it quit again, now back to just dying immediately after it starts. Fuel pump seems to be working fine. replaced fuel filter and fuel lines with a see through. When it fires gas passes through the line so pump is working. I'm at a loss. Carburetor??? or Choke problems??? Don't want to throw 140 into a new carb if it's not the carb. Any ideas???

/ New to me LX178 was mowing fine halfway through my yard it just died #2  
:welcome: to TBN
Is it that much just for the carb kit? part no. AM121371

/ New to me LX178 was mowing fine halfway through my yard it just died
No that is the price for a new carb... I toke it off and its so nasty. it's in the parts cleaner now. hopefully I can get it clean if not i'll get the kit

/ New to me LX178 was mowing fine halfway through my yard it just died #4  
might check the rubber fuel hose coming from the fuel tank. I had a similar incident with a LT155 and the rubber inside the hose was degraded and plugging the fuel flow. Installed hew hose and ran like a top. Just a thought....

/ New to me LX178 was mowing fine halfway through my yard it just died #5  
You probably don't need a kit,,,, you yourself have described how dirty it is and it was running good till the dirt finally took over and stopped up the mains or needle and seats.

TimmyJ told you right too.. If your carb is that dirty then check your tank,, replace main fuel line and get a good new fuel filter in the line also. Also after this episode , please don't pour any more fuel in this thing that does not have sta-bil added..

Kawasaki carbs clean well,, just double check jet openings and needle and seats correct no hidden debris.