JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #1  

Alcoamike

Tractor
Ford 1520 w/FEL, Honda 700-4. Turf Tiger Diesel
Hello,

I've got an F930 with about 1,100 hours and I love it. It was my father in laws and I just started maintaining/using it. I'm going to add the mulching kit, but I can't figure out how to fully disconnect the 72" deck. My plan it to remove it, flip it over and intstall the kit. However, I can't figure out how to detach the pto shaft. I've pulled the 4 bolts (2 per side) on the lifting arms, but I can't get the pto shaft off. Does the sleeve slide right off the splined shaft or is there a a pin somewhere that I can't seem to find? I know it should be easy, but I can't figure it out.

This forum is great and I appreciate any assistance.

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #2  
There is a spring-loaded collar on the PTO shaft that slides back away from the tractor, that releases the splined connection.

Might just be sticking, if it has been on there long.

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #3  
I have a F935 and the decks interchange. Sitting in the operators seat, just below your left foot is a hinged cover plate. Open this and you will see the end of the PTO drive shaft has a round collar on it. Pull it towards the front of the mower and the driveshaft will come off with the deck. I would remove the 2 rear hanger pins, noting which hole they came from, and the 2 lift arms at the front with 1 pin at the ball swivel on each arm. Start the engine, raise the arms and back the machine away from the deck. 445A

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #4  
If the pto has never been off it might be a bit worn. It helps to turn the pto shaft the opposite of normal rotation to help "unhook" the worn parts while pulling back on the above mentioned collar..

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal
Thanks for the info. I'll try all of them tonight:thumbsup:thumbsup:

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal
I got it!!! I was not looking far enough up the shaft towards the motor. Once I found the collar, I felt silly. I should have figured that out. Thanks for the help

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #7  
Don't feel silly. Happens often, and if that collar sticks and you don't know that is is supposed to move, then it is really hard to figure out.
Glad you found it.

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #8  
We like pictures.

I would love to find a clean F model cheap. I know, an oxymoron.

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #9  
We like pictures.

I would love to find a clean F model cheap. I know, an oxymoron.

It's not impossible. Depends what you consider cheap. I paid $5000 for my F-935 with a 60" deck, 6 years or so ago. I spent about $1000 fixing it up and have enjoyed the use of an awesome trouble free mower ever since. What I did is I went to the local dealer and asked them to keep an eye out for one. They never put it through the shop and I bought it as is. And yes I bought it off my brother who is a salesman there but he tells me that he did everything by the book as far as profit margins go. I didn't get a special deal. What I got was a mower that will out mow and outlast any box store mower that you can buy.

As recently as last year there was one on eBay for around the $2500 or so. It only had a 54" deck. Once in a while there are decks available on eBay too. Just keep looking.

/ JD F930 72" Mower Deck Removal #10  
JD930.jpg
Picture from Google Image Search.