john deere model 265 pto clutch stuck engaged

/ john deere model 265 pto clutch stuck engaged #1  

hobbyjohn

Tractor
John Deere 265
I am a new member so here it goes ! I have a John Deere model 265 and I changed the main drive belt and had to remove the pto clutch first and when I replaced it I forgot to line up the pto clutch with the pin. I started it up and ran it only to find that the pto clutch was stuck engaged. I removed it and lined it up on the pln but it is still always engaged even if I have the switch off. Is the unit shot or is there a way to free it up ? Help ?

/ john deere model 265 pto clutch stuck engaged #2  
:welcome: to TBN

Have not experienced that problem, but maybe your Deere dealer service shop has and can give you some tips.
Also, there will likely be some very good help coming from other TBN members.

A search here of the vast numbers of threads may get you some hits. It is not easy to search the archives, but may be worth a shot and take a bit of reading to pin it down.

/ john deere model 265 pto clutch stuck engaged #3  
Hello,
If your clutch is like my 345 then there're only 2 options. The clutch is energized all the time. You can unplug the wires to check. More likely you damaged the bearing that let's it free spin when disengaged during removal and replacement. Probably new clutch time. Cliff