X758 Snowblower and rear blade?

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade? #1  

Hello all. Sorry if this has been answered. I did a search and didn't come up with an answer. I ordered a new X758 with a 54" snowblower. The tractor is in but a couple week wait on the blower. I've gone back and forth on a 3 ph and/or rear PTO. I'm a couple weeks removed from writing the big check and the sting is starting to wear off so I'm rethinking these 2 options. I can't think of anything right now for rear PTO but I can see where a 3 ph would be very useful. Now to my question. Is it possible to use the front and rear hydraulics at the same time. Say I wanted to use the snowblower and a back blade or I wanted to mow and do something at the same time with a 3 ph can this be done and if so how? Thanks in advance for the help.

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade? #3  
Defiantly get the 3pt hitch, you will find lots of uses for it and if you are handy with a wrench you can do the install yourself. It took me most of a day (at a leisurely pace) to do it on my X739 but I saved enough money on labor charges to nearly pay for a new box blade. The PTO install is suppose to be much easier so that could be deferred until you need it (that's my plan).

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade?
Thanks for the answers guys. Is this the same way the 1 series operates? I am new to this so forgive my naivety but it seems like at this level of tractor there should just be an extra lever somewhere to operate the 3 ph independently from the front.

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade? #5  
Compact size, room for extra SCV's, and cost are likely all contributing factors that eventually dictate how "loaded" these little tractors end up.

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade? #6  
the 3 pt hitch uses the tractor mower lift cylinder for lift. therefore, there are no separate levers
to operate the 3ph. as others have posted, there are creative ideas to divert the hydraulic oil and
essentially split the functions, but stock setup will turn the spout and lift the hitch at the same time.
(is that really a big deal? )
if you are using the rear blade to pull snow away from doorways and buildings, you probably aren't
blowing snow at the same time, then once that job is done, you could shut the valve to that
cylinder on the SCV and go back to blowing......

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade?
the 3 pt hitch uses the tractor mower lift cylinder for lift. therefore, there are no separate levers
to operate the 3ph. as others have posted, there are creative ideas to divert the hydraulic oil and
essentially split the functions, but stock setup will turn the spout and lift the hitch at the same time.
(is that really a big deal? )
if you are using the rear blade to pull snow away from doorways and buildings, you probably aren't
blowing snow at the same time, then once that job is done, you could shut the valve to that
cylinder on the SCV and go back to blowing......

Thanks for the input. I guess its not a big deal to some. I guess getting out of a 4x4 truck to lock in manual hubs is no big deal either but find me a mass produced truck in the last 25 years that still makes them that way. 20k sticker on a garden tractor/snowblower it just seems like it would be an option and a simple one at that. Of course if nobody thinks its a big deal then JD won't either.

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade? #8  
I suspect John Deere thinks if you need that kind of flexibility you would buy a 1023 or 1025. The X series are really riding mowers/lawn tractors.

I imagine on the 1 series you can get an optional rear remote port. The 3PH is also independent.

/ X758 Snowblower and rear blade? #9  
To get that extra 3 ph lift, adding a rockerarm assembly under the seat would be necessary, and that is a big step up. IMO
Buy a real tractor, or sub compact. ;)