Unhappy new member

/ Unhappy new member #1  

fja50t

Tractor
JD la105
I came here looking for information to keep my JD LA105 lawn tractor running.
My tractor has given be continuous problems including a worn mower deck, a bad carburetor that needed to be replaced, and constant mysteries with the safety switches. I have snow blade with chains and weights but it can't touch a good Indiana snow. Basically I am zero percent satisfied with a tractor that I bought because of the name.

/ Unhappy new member
Thank you, I hope to learn alot from y'all. (used to live in Texas)

/ Unhappy new member #4  
Your lawn mower is probably not heavy or powerful enough for snow removal, unless you have a blower on the front. Pushing snow...more then a few inches, isn't really a mowing machine's forte.

/ Unhappy new member #5  
My tractor has given be continuous problems including a worn mower deck, a bad carburetor that needed to be replaced, and constant mysteries with the safety switches. I have snow blade with chains and weights but it can't touch a good Indiana snow. Basically I am zero percent satisfied with a tractor that I bought because of the name.

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy. Next time you should do more research. Buying a machine because of the name painted on it obviously doesn't constitute due diligence.

/ Unhappy new member #6  
Welcome to TBN.
"As a lawn tractor, the John Deere LA105 is ideal for maintaining smaller lawns. It has a cutting width of 42 in, which is not as wide as most (the average lawn tractor has a cutting width of 50 in)."

Sounds like you have lawn tractor instead of garden tractor for your needs...Check out TBN reviews.

/ Unhappy new member #7  
Your tractor is a lower end JD that was priced compareable to the MTDs of the world. I just bought a D110 that is the newer version of your type. I know what I got and know it's limitations, but I only have a small lot and it will work fine for what I need. I agree with Roy when he says it really isn't big enough to remove snow but you would have to had paid at least double you did to get the heavier JD.

/ Unhappy new member #8  
Welcome to the forum.......sorry about your concerns. Others have already said it but.....you have a lawn mower.....not a tractor......you might be expecting too much from that machine. Any options of trading it in for a bigger unit??? Good luck.....

/ Unhappy new member #9  

:welcome: fellow Hoosier. The LA105 is an entry level mower not designed for Indiana snow removal. How much area do you need to clear and what is the surface? Would a walk behind snow blower be enough?

/ Unhappy new member #10  
I just bought a D110 that is the newer version of your type. I know what I got and know it's limitations, but I only have a small lot and it will work fine for what I need.

what's this, Gary ??? you've left Bakerville for Tilbury ? and traded your red for green ?

Pete