X340 dies when clutch/brake pedal release

/ X340 dies when clutch/brake pedal release #11  
Strip the ends off a short length of wire and plug each end of the wire into the seat switch plug?

That works for me.

/ X340 dies when clutch/brake pedal release #12  
I'm going to concentrate on the seat switch and see if that isolates the problem. I THINK I've figured out how to use a jumper to bypass the switch....
Strip the ends off a short length of wire and plug each end of the wire into the seat switch plug?

Yes just anything to jumper the circuit long enough to see if this is the problem.
If you want the seat switch to work replace it. You may need your mower serial number because they have 2 options.
I think the switches are like $20.
To disable it permanently get 2) 1/4" male slide connectors and crimp them onto a 2" piece of 14 ga wire.

If you had a cheap VOM meter you could easily check continuity of the switch to confirm it's bad.
Klein Tools Digital Multimeter-MM200 - The Home Depot

/ X340 dies when clutch/brake pedal release #13  
BBQ, if I release the brake pedal it dies quickly, as if I had turned the key off. My seat switch kills the engine if I get up off the seat, unless the parking brake is engaged, in which case it will continue to run but will kill the mower.

I'm going to concentrate on the seat switch and see if that isolates the problem. I THINK I've figured out how to use a jumper to bypass the switch....

Did it work?