Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor?

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #1  

jbudimlya

Tractor
JD 445
I have decided that the JD 445 is a keeper; the 47" snow thrower is so good I would keep it just for that if I had to.
I have a very good condition 48" cutting deck and I need a 54" deck for cutting my fields.
I am interested in either trading decks or purchasing a 54 inch mower deck.

All leads are appreciated.

I live in Denver, Co and I am willing to travel for pickup or have the deck shipped.

Thanks,

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #2  
jbud
In the meantime, when the grass needs cutting, you may be surprised how well the 48" deck cuts and how fast the 4 acres get mowed. That is if you don't make a switch in the meantime. I wouldn't invest much in trading up to gain the extra half foot.

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #3  
Machinefinder.com is a deere sponsored site with a ton of deere dealers. If you want one, that's the place.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #4  
I would try the 48" deck for one season, and see how it works out. You said you only cut about 3 times during the season. You now have a larger more powerful machine and could probably increase your ground speed while cutting. Save your money for other implements you may need.

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #5  
Any that will ride smoother that the mower you had probably, because of the larger tires, that will help a bunch with rough ground.

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor?
I agree that waiting to try it out makes sense, and if nothing shows up with a 54" deck, I will likely do that before I get serious about buying the 54. But my current 48 inch deck on a Husqvarna is my current reference point, and I have tried my son's 54 inch Husqvarna and it sure seems to cut faster than my 48" ....and it has the same tire size, etc. That is the reason I am interested in the 54". Let's see if anything comes along....and I will watch Ebay and other auction sites. I will not buy a worn out deck....I have a sense of how that can be painful and time wasting to repair and keep running.
Thanks for your thoughts.

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #7  
Why not go with the 60?

I had a 60" on a JD 420 and it was a nice mowing machine for the time. Then I got a good deal on a new JD garden tractor with 54" and used that a few times. After mowing 1-2 acres about half a dozen times with it, I sold it. It seemed to take forever to mow even though it was only 6" difference. Go with the 60 and I think your machine can handle it. I ended up with a 455 with a 60 and liked it. Just a thought.

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor?
Well, I am always amazed at how much help the forums of the world can be in locating specialized stuff. I have located a very clean 54" deck within the magic 500 miles of my home. I plan to drive out in the next 2 weeks and pick it up. I appreciate the suggestions that I go for a 60 deck, but with the unevenness of my land and the amount of tough cutting plans that I have I will be very happy with a 54 inch deck under my belly!

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #9  
I agree with the 60'', i have a 445 with a 60'', seems like i chopped my cutting time in half, from the 48'' i had before with a different tractor, i can travel faster with the 445. i also have a massey 2600 diesel with a 60'' deck, still like cutting with the deere over the massey. i also have a 54'' blade for the deere. we had a lot of snow in buffalo this year, and it did a heck of a job plowing

/ Looking for a 54" cutting deck for JD 425, 445, 455 tractor? #10  
i also have very uneven land. and the 60'' does well, i had a ford with a 60'', that deck scalped all the time. but with the big wheels on the deck i don't have that issue. but if you have a line on a 54'' at a fair price. still sounds good massey with scraper box.jpg