JD 1025 transmission adjustment

/ JD 1025 transmission adjustment #1  

JAMES KELLEY

Tractor
JD1025
I just had JD tech out yesterday to adjust transmission again-still under warranty. The problem is that the tractor will creep forward by itself once brake is disengaged without touching forward pedal. JD tech said he has had only one other unit do this that he recalls. (also is very difficult to shift) Just curious if anyone else has had a similar recurring problem. My tractor will be out of warranty this summer. He mentioned that the cold weather may be causing this, but I also had to have it adjusted last summer (2014) so I am not so sure about that.
My other question: Has anyone had any success with John Deere regarding access hole being out of alignment on front main drive grease fitting and getting them to do anything? I use tractor year round and grease at least monthly. it is a pain to have to pull the engine panels and access panel to grease a fitting on a regular basis!

/ JD 1025 transmission adjustment #2  
Haven't had this problem and haven't ever greased a spot where I've had to remove a panel. I only grease every 50 hours. Generally do not grease universal joints much because it's so easy to bust the seal on them.

Only had loose heater hoses and loose throttle control (missing 2 of the half moon washers from factory). Both these were done on warranty.

Ralph

/ JD 1025 transmission adjustment #3  
What tranny do you have and what are they adjusting? And the grease fitting access, does it have to do with the tranny adjustment and the creeping?

/ JD 1025 transmission adjustment
They adjusted something on the linkage under seat after removing the panel. The tranny is just a two range hydrostatic with infinite speeds. The grease fitting access is not related to the creeping problem. if you want more info on the "access" problem you can find it on the net by typing: JD 1025 main drive front grease fitting access

/ JD 1025 transmission adjustment #5  
The reason it's hard to shift is from the transmission creeping I would imagine. If it has pressure on the gears inside it has resistance so it is harder to shift. If it was truly in neutral with the pedals untouched then the gear shift should much detent to detent fairly easily.