JD 7 iron 72" MMM

/ JD 7 iron 72" MMM #1  

devanrushton

Tractor
Cub Cadet
Hey All, still very new to the forum here, so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section or not. anyway, I currently own a cub cadet 2185 with the 46" deck. It works fine, other then having to pull the deck off after every mow and clean it out (my field is 80% clover, and it stays wet forever) but that's a different story...

In the near to distant future I plan on picking up a JD 2032R to replace the cub. I feel that the bigger I can go with a mower the better, however I don't want a finish mower, I'd rather a mid mount type. Because I'd like to cut the grass around the house with it too ( I'd still cut in close to the house with a push mower, so getting in super tight to things won't be an issue.

Right now with the 46" deck, it's taking me about4-4.5 hours to do the yard, I'd much rather not be on the tractor the entire summer mowing the lawn.

Enter the big 72"

https://m.deere.com/en_CA/products/...t_mower/72d_auto_connect_midmount_mower.page?

I've done some research on this bad boy, and yes it works with the 2032R. (At least that's what the internet says) but honestly there are little to no reviews on it. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with it, or if anyone on here owns one, or knows someone that owns one

Thanks in advance!

Devan.

Last edited:
   / JD 7 iron 72" MMM #2  
My Father-in-law has a 7 iron 72" front mounted deck that I use to maintain his golf course. Its a wonderful piece of equipment, I never have to clean the deck. I don't know if its the design or the speed at which the blades turn? We also have a 60" MMM but it clogs and I have to clean it on a weekly basis, depending on use of course. From my experience, I highly recommend the 7 Iron. Good Luck and happy mowing:)

/ JD 7 iron 72" MMM #3  
Have been using one of these since 2008 on JD 3320 MMM style. Great mower - no problems at all. As mentioned above, I believe this deck is used in different configurations as front mount for professional equipment. I don't have the drive over style, so remove for winter, power wash the underside etc and sharpen the blades - that's all.