900 series mower: R or M?

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I'm starting to sniff around looking at commercial mowers since my existing 42" deck Toro will not be up to task for the park I'm creating.

The most annoying thing I do with my existing Toro is switch from mulch to vacuum mode and back again in the spring and fall.

Deere offers a mulch on demand system which amounts to three gates that can be opened or closed to make the same switch.

I like the dump from seat bagger, and I want an air seat.

At any-rate, to mow 20 acres should I be looking at the M or the R 900 series 60"?

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #2  
batwing finish mower for your 6010

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #3  
The main reason to get the R is for the brake and go system as well as the electric deck lift. You can get the suspension seat as well as the OCDC on any of the B, M or R mowers. I've heard that the suspension seat isn't worth the money and just adding the springs kit makes the ride much better, better than the full suspension seat even. The kit I'm speaking of is only like $100-140 option.

/ 900 series mower: R or M?
The main reason to get the R is for the brake and go system as well as the electric deck lift. You can get the suspension seat as well as the OCDC on any of the B, M or R mowers. I've heard that the suspension seat isn't worth the money and just adding the springs kit makes the ride much better, better than the full suspension seat even. The kit I'm speaking of is only like $100-140 option.

Unless I'm reading the sales brochure wrong, it looks as though the mulch, no-mulch discharge is apparently only available on the M (unlike tractors, I get the impression the M is the more "commercial" machine than the R).

The suspension news is interesting. I'll need to look into this much more.

Thanks.

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #6  
Don't confuse the MOD(mulch on demand deck) with the OCDC(discharge chute). The MOD deck is a specialized deck, it can't be added to any existing deck. It's a whole different series of baffles and chutes that change when the mulching is engaged. It also doesn't cut near as well as the decks without the MOD. I've heard that meant times on lawnsite.com (where commercial lawn operators hangout). The OCDC can be added to the B, M, and R series that don't have the MOD deck. The MOD deck is only available on the M and R though. There are various engines to choose from too. EFI, propane, flex fuel, and good ol carb motors. It really does take some reading to understand what's what and how the packages differ in the Deer lineup.

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #7  
...just adding the springs kit makes the ride much better, better than the full suspension seat even. The kit I'm speaking of is only like $100-140 option.

Got a part number for that kit?

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #8  
Got a part number for that kit?

Unfortunately no but I'll try to find out, Roy. I first learned of the kid from the brochure where it listed available options for the mowers. The price was quoted to me by the dealer when I inquired about it for my 915B.

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #9  
Looks like it will be nice in there when you get it finished.

/ 900 series mower: R or M? #10  
Unfortunately no but I'll try to find out, Roy. I first learned of the kid from the brochure where it listed available options for the mowers. The price was quoted to me by the dealer when I inquired about it for my 915B.

Any update on this? Thanks!