lt155 no brakes

/ lt155 no brakes #1  

250esFreak

Tractor
lt155
hey guys i got a question on a lt155 brakes

can anyone tell me how to adjust the brakes?

i have no brakes

/ lt155 no brakes #2  
:welcome: to TBN

I believe the "brakes" are within the transaxle and may not be "adjustable". Others with more specific knowledge may chime in for your next move.
Edit: Found this link that shows the k51 tranny in an LT155 and where the brake linkage connects. May help.
complete service of a John Deere lt155 K51 w/pics | Lawn Mower and Small Engine | Bob Is The Oil Guy

Discuss it with your Deere dealer/shop foreman and inquire about the problem is another alternative.

How long have you had the lt155, and how long has it been since you had brakes that worked?

Last edited:
   / lt155 no brakes #3  
I copied a picture from a previous post and marked it up to identify what I think are the key brake components.
There is only one brake for the rear axle itself.
The vertical lever will push on a pin which pushes the brake pads within the caliper against both side of the disk which can float a bit.
There will be a screw with a lock nut that is what you use to tighten up the brakes. If the pads are completely worn out, which is unlikely, removing the caliper and installing new ones is easy.
Have someone apply the brake while you watch at the rear and you will see the lever move and press against a pin.

54kt1.jpg

Dave M7040