Here's a Deere picture, can someone tell me

/ Here's a Deere picture, can someone tell me #1  

dodgers

Here\'s a Deere picture, can someone tell me

(click link below for picture) What might be a fair price? The guy says he owned a landscaping business and used this twice per week (but who knows) since new in 1999. I see a heavily worn seat and a broken wheel. He says $2000 is a "steal". I was thinking jeeze he's lucky to find someone to pay $1000. Any comments appreciated. Based on what you see is this worth $1800 he's asking? He is leaving town in 10 days and may end up calling me back, but even at $1000 does it look legitimate, or should I keep my eyes open for something else?

What kind of use does that seat indicate? Do the seats show that kind of wear easily?

LX188
John Deere LX188 Picture

/ Here's a Deere picture, can someone tell me #2  
Re: Here\'s a Deere picture, can someone tell me

How does it run? Is the oil nice and clean? How are the tires?
John Deere seats are not the most durable so I would not worry too much about it. You can buy a replacement cover from a dealer for about $40. Not too sure on the price but I think $1000 or less would be my limit on that tractor. Good luck and remember there are lots more out there.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Here's a Deere picture, can someone tell me #3  

hard to tell from the pic. but seems kind of high

/ Here's a Deere picture, can someone tell me #4  

The "Will Race" sticker on it would be a concern for me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Here's a Deere picture, can someone tell me #5  

I used a JD LX188 for six years mowing approx. four acres. The tractor is a great tractor that gave me great service. I sold it in 2000 for $2000. I was the only one to use the machine and I am a fanatic about maintenance. I too would be concerned about the stickers and the seat looks as it may have stayed out in the weather however overall the tractor looks good. I question 1999 since I think Deere changed models prior to this time. If the motor and deck are what they seem to be in the photo in my opinion the tractor is worth in the $1200-1500 bracket. By the way I sold mine to a neighbor who cuts over 3 acres and he hasn't had any problems with the nine year old machine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif