What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate??

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
The light shown below has come on and is staying on and I can't find it referenced anywhere in the manual where all the other dash lights are described. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary but it must be on for a reason?

jd_light.jpg

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #2  
Looks like a plugged air filter light to me .

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #3  
jym
Look in the operators manual under the "Operating" section, and under "Using indicator lights" where item D is explained
D - Air Restriction Indicator Light - will come on if air restriction indicator shows that air cleaner requires service.

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate??
Thanks Beenthere (and Bladehauler). I think you guys are right. I don't have the manual here but I'll definitely check that when I get back. As I just changed all the filters recently I guess I never thought of that as the problem. Been really dry/dusty lately and more than likely that was a contributing factor.

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #5  
It's not PC to use our words as we might offend someone that can't read, so we use pictures that nobody can understand.

It's not PC to use our words as we might offend someone that can't read, so we use pictures that nobody can understand.

Huh??

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #7  

Instead of writing "air filter" below the dash light light they have a picture of who knows what that nobody can figure out. Why not words? Well it is not politically correct to discriminate against people that can't read a native language.

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #8  
The try to use universal symbols... so all around the world can understand. Not just about "us" anymore.

But I do agree... hard to recognize the "symbols" used for what they mean.

Instead of writing "air filter" below the dash light light they have a picture of who knows what that nobody can figure out. Why not words? Well it is not politically correct to discriminate against people that can't read a native language.

Ah-- now I get it! :)
Well, given they sell their equipment all over the world I would imagine if they had to use words customized for each country they export to that the price would have to increase accordingly.

As a final note, it was indeed an issue with the air filter not being seated correctly. Took it out and reinstalled and the light went out and hasn't come back on. Smart fellers hereabouts. :thumbsup:

/ What does this John Deere 748 dash light indicate?? #10  
Ah-- now I get it! :)
Well, given they sell their equipment all over the world I would imagine if they had to use words customized for each country they export to that the price would have to increase accordingly.

Well, how did that work out for you? You had no clue what it meant, and neither did any one else in any other language. They should just leave it blank.
Glad you got your problem solved. I hear those 700 series are real nice machines.