john deere 216 help needed

/ john deere 216 help needed #1  

jagco

Tractor
Not yet
Hi guy's i have 1982 jd 216, how do I remove the belt off the variator pulley. The old belt kinda in bad shape. Can't find in pictures on the net to show how to pull the belt off and install the new belt.

john deere brown house 084.jpg

Attachments

• john deere brown house 038.jpg
    john deere brown house 038.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 2,227
   / john deere 216 help needed #2  
I just know it is not easy and straight forward. Requires moving the center variator sheaves, IIRC
Have you searched the net for the "how to" ?

/ john deere 216 help needed
I just know it is not easy and straight forward. Requires moving the center variator sheaves, IIRC
Have you searched the net for the "how to" ?

Thanks john yes did try searching the net. I'm not sure to pull it off.

/ john deere 216 help needed #4  
When I had a model 212, IIRC, I changed out the belts. Hoisted up the front end without the mower deck, and essentially stood it up on its rear wheels (used a chain fall again IIRC).

I had easy access to the variator and parts I needed to either remove or just loosen.

Google these words "Replace drive belts John Deere 216 variator" and several hits come up that should help you.

/ john deere 216 help needed
When I had a model 212, IIRC, I changed out the belts. Hoisted up the front end without the mower deck, and essentially stood it up on its rear wheels (used a chain fall again IIRC).

I had easy access to the variator and parts I needed to either remove or just loosen.

Google these words "Replace drive belts John Deere 216 variator" and several hits come up that should help you.

Thanks check now.

/ john deere 216 help needed #6  
Thanks check now.

First remove mower deck. Then get a stick and push variantor sheave from underneath tractor to take tension off belt. Then belt should be able to be removed. Next get under rear Transaxle and undo the 3 bolts on pulley to clear belt from axle. Replace belt and reassemble. That's the only way I was able to replace this belt.

Jd3x