John Deere X495

/ John Deere X495 #1  

kvlt1

Need info on how to disconnect the reverse safety switch that engages while using snowblower attachment? Any help greatly appreciated

/ John Deere X495 #2  
I assume you talking about disabling the RIO option? I just did this on my Dad's X495.

Here's the Deal:
Under the RT foot rest, inside the frame, there's a rod that runs from the reverse pedal to the hydrostatic rear end. On the FWD end of this rod, JD installed a metal bracket which is held in place by 2 jam nuts. When the reverse pedal is pressed, the metal bracket activates the RIO switch.
Crawl under the tractor and remove the rod... it has a pin/clip at each end (long needle nose pliers make it a lot easier). Then simply remove the metal bracket and re-install the rod... and RIO is gone.

Whole process takes about 15 mins if ya work slow.

/ John Deere X495 #3  
I have a LX279 and what I did is I follwed a the metal rod to the back of the tractor and found the switch that it is connected to. You adjust the switch so that can use a slow reverse and the PTO won't stop. The other choice is to remove the switch all together and jumper the switch out which what I did. Without the jumper the PTO will not engage.