Default John Deere X495

Need info on how to disconnect the reverse safety switch that engages while using snowblower attachment? Any help greatly appreciated

Grantville, GA
    JD 4110 Hydo / JD 455

Default Re: John Deere X495

I assume you talking about disabling the RIO option? I just did this on my Dad's X495.

Here's the Deal:
    Under the RT foot rest, inside the frame, there's a rod that runs from the reverse pedal to the hydrostatic rear end. On the FWD end of this rod, JD installed a metal bracket which is held in place by 2 jam nuts. When the reverse pedal is pressed, the metal bracket activates the RIO switch.
    Crawl under the tractor and remove the rod... it has a pin/clip at each end (long needle nose pliers make it a lot easier). Then simply remove the metal bracket and re-install the rod... and RIO is gone.

Whole process takes about 15 mins if ya work slow.

Bronze Member
    JD4600, JD2305, JDF1145, Massey Fergusen Super 90, Case 1030, IH3800 Loader Backhoe, JD 60, Farmall H's, Super M's, M's

Default Re: John Deere X495

I have a LX279 and what I did is I follwed a the metal rod to the back of the tractor and found the switch that it is connected to. You adjust the switch so that can use a slow reverse and the PTO won't stop. The other choice is to remove the switch all together and jumper the switch out which what I did. Without the jumper the PTO will not engage.