How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt #1  

Dwyatt1600

Tractor
155C
I replaced the old Transaction Drive Belt with a new one as specified by JD. The belt slips so much the power to the wheels is limited. How can I increase the tension on the belt?

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt #2  
Sounds like you may have the wrong belt.

You do mean transmission drive belt?? Correct?? I don't own a 155 so I can't speak specifically to your issue, but as far as I know there's only one tensioner. You remove it to install the belt. Once you install the new belt, you reinstall the tensioner. Some of the larger garden tractors do have some idler pulleys in the belt drive system that can be adjusted to add or release some amount of tension but I don't think you have those on the 155.

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt #3  
Is the spring on the tensioner weak or broken? Does the tensioner pivot freely? With the belt removed does the tensioner travel farther? I.e. have movement to keep the belt tight.

Are the bearings in the idlers good?

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt
Yes, the transmission drive belt. This is the belt per JD parts catalog. There is two idler pulleys but they are adjustable.

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt #5  
Pic or two will help diagnose the problem... and what was the part # of the belt you used?

:welcome: to TBN

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt
The idler are not adjustable.

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt #7  
Did you buy this belt at a John Deere store or somewhere else?? Still sounds like the wrong belt to me. Even though it has the correct part no. it may still not work unless you bought it from J.D. Something about the angle of the V on JD belts -------. Always buy belts that are the right part number and buy from J.D.

/ How to adjust tension on JD 155c Transaction Drive Belt #8  
Lowes and Home Depot do not qualifier as true dealers, have found parts from those places wanting in quality period.