John Deere F525 NO SPARK

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #1  

topfli8979

Tractor
Ford 1215
Was givin this John deere f525, was told it had no spark. Im starting to figure out why it was free. I have replaced coil,ignitor spark plug. All fuses are good.. All saftey switches are jumpered. Still no spark. Engine cranks fine. This is where it gets weird, I can pull all 4 fuses, and both relays and the darn thing will still crank. How is that possible? Anyone with some advice, im stumped.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #2  
First of not familiar with F525, gas or diesel?
1.) We know the starter and that part of the starting/ignition circuit is fine.
2.) Now we have to see what is wrong with the other part of the starter/ignition circuit.
Do you have power to the coil when the key is in the on or start position? 12 VDC on coil plus side to ground.
Did you replace the condensor? Is it connected to the correct side of the coil?

3. Fuel is getting to carb? Yes or No, if NO then
Check fuel tank pickups, fuel lines, filter, fuel pump.

You might need to get the TM and CTM for the F525 to help with troubleshooting the issue.

Last edited:
   / John Deere F525 NO SPARK
This is a John Deere Kawasaki 17hp gas front riding mower, its a weird setup but looks like it would mow pretty good once I get the issue sorted. Im only getting millivolts on the coil, it has one connection for what I assume is the "kill wire". This unit does not have a condensor, has a "ignitor module". And yes it has been replaced. Carb is getting fuel fine, plug gets wet. Just not getting and spark whatsover. Im getting 1.4 volt a spark plug while cranking.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #4  
I have a 525 3 legged mower, one of the first (almost zero turn jobs). Mine is still afavorite even though I also have a an F935.

Is the parking brake set ? Must be set and foot on pedal before it will start. Also, pto switch must be disengaged. Does the plug spark when its out of the head and laying on the head?

Check oil sensor. If none of the above, its a bad coil.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK
Yep thats what this is, 3 wheeled mower. Its odd looking for sure. But looks to be a fun ride.

Yes parking brake set, foot on brake. No spark with spark plug touching the head.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #6  
You've replaced the coil, could be bad, but since there is no voltage, we should check back to the electronics and or box that trips the kill circuit. Do you have The TM or CTM manuals?

From what I've read this is a common problem, but if you don't find the underlying problem, you could keep wiping out coils.

Kawa 17HP PA420A - AS00 or AS01 or AS02 or BS00 or BS01 or BS02 Engine
Kawa 17HP PA540A - AS02 or BS02 Engine

TM1475
use
section 240-15-1

look at the starting relay and grounds

To use the John Deere Parts Catalog you must join, it is free

John Deere Parts Catalog
John Deere - Parts Catalog

Last edited:
   / John Deere F525 NO SPARK #10  
FYI: