New X739 en route....

/ New X739 en route.... #1  

usernametaken

Tractor
Deere X324
I've been a member here for a long time lurking and reading. I've got a 2006 X324 that I bought new and has served me very well the last decade. However, I'm about to upgrade. Reason being, the family and I are avid RVers and are upgrading from a SRW 350 to a DRW truck to pull our 44.5' 5th wheel toy hauler. So, it was either upgrade to a 9'6" plow for the incomming 2017 F450 or find a new way to clear our snow. I opted for the tractor upgrade. Going with the following:

X739
60" deck
54" blower
Hard Cab with heater
Upgraded alternator
3 Bag Power Flow collection
Remote spout control for blower
Front fenders
Quick disconnect for cab heat
Arm rests

So, a few questions.

1) My dealer says he doesn't like 4WS for snowblowing as your rear tires can turn into unblown snow. However, I see lots of guys do it without complaints. Is there an issue here or no worries?
2) I'm thinking of getting a second set of wheels and turf tires for summer mowing duties. I've read conflicting reports about the HDAP tires and turf. I guess I will wait and see if they tear it up before spending more $ but other's experiences are appreciated...
3) Am I missing any must have accessories in my build?
4) What's typically the best time of year for incentives? I'm in no hurry but love a good deal...

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go, but that's where I'm at to start. Any thoughts or input will be appreciated.

/ New X739 en route.... #2  
Good deals around here are during county fairs, and Jan - Feb

/ New X739 en route.... #3  
HDAP tires are just glorified turf tires to provide slightly improved grip. Unless you have very soft soil I doubt you would notice any lawn damage.

My son has an X749 with snow pusher and loves the AWS for this. It helps with steering since now the rear is also helping turn. Suspect would have similar effect with blower.

/ New X739 en route....
Thanks for the thoughts guys. The more I read, the more it seems that AWS will be fine in the snow and HDAP tires will be fine on turf...

/ New X739 en route.... #5  
While I plow rather than blow the snow, I've never noticed a problem with the AWS in the snow ( I think it is an advantage ) nor the HDAPs hurting my yard. My yard is quite hilly so the HDAPs are a huge improvement. I also went from a 2006 X324 to a X739 and have a 1 Ton pulling a 42 ft. 5th wheel camper. Small world!

/ New X739 en route....
While I plow rather than blow the snow, I've never noticed a problem with the AWS in the snow ( I think it is an advantage ) nor the HDAPs hurting my yard. My yard is quite hilly so the HDAPs are a huge improvement. I also went from a 2006 X324 to a X739 and have a 1 Ton pulling a 42 ft. 5th wheel camper. Small world!

Small world indeed! It a good package all around...

Here's my current setup:

IMG_2017.JPG

Attachments

• 80-img_2017_b790338a798a61e3b55c41eb54c8cb7791587209.jpg
    80-img_2017_b790338a798a61e3b55c41eb54c8cb7791587209.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 145
   / New X739 en route.... #7  
Our new Montana arrives June 21st. Got a great offer on our current camper so I'm in between right now. This is going to be a long 3 to 4 weeks.

/ New X739 en route....
Three guys on the Ford forums I frequent have either just bought or have on order a Montana. Seems to be the hot ticket of late! 3-4 weeks is a while but it will be worth it getting exactly what you want...

/ New X739 en route.... #9  
The HDAPs are excellent in the snow because they don't load up easily. And AWS is a huge advantage when using a front blade. If the front wheels get light on the snow, you can still steer with the back wheels! The only thing you have to watch is when plowing close to piles or drifts. If the tires are turned next to one, it can pull the tractor into the pile and get you stuck. I've been plowing snow for 22 years with an AWS. They are excellent! I can plow sideways on my driveway. I couldn't do that without AWS.

/ New X739 en route.... #10  
Small world indeed! It a good package all around...

Here's my current setup:

View attachment 470037

What does a trailer like that weigh ? I had briefly thought about getting one, but my tow rig would be a 2015 F350 crew 4x4 gasser. It does fine pulling a 7-8k pound load with minimal hills, ..never towed anything with it in the mountains.