J Deere 1989 Model 170 dash indicator light I. D.

/ J Deere 1989 Model 170 dash indicator light I. D. #1  

westsail434

Tractor
Hinomoto C174, Kubota 3901 backhoe,FEL, grapple, other attachments, John Deere 170, 3 Murray 12 hp rough cuts, Stihl chainsaws, Stihl trimmers,, Ryobi tiny tiller
On a 1989-1990 John Deere model 170 there is a low fuel light indicator on the dash panel. As well, behind the panel there are two other lamp holders but no cutouts in the dash. I inserted bulbs and the right lamp appears to be an alternator output as it comes on with key and off at start. Of course it could be oil pressure but I see no sensor output. Does anyone have any idea what this light and another one on the far left of the same small dash panel are for. The far left is wired with a yellow and brown wire and the far right (alternator?) has an orange and brown.

/ J Deere 1989 Model 170 dash indicator light I. D. #2  
if I remember right, it's low fuel, low oil pressure, and alternator

/ J Deere 1989 Model 170 dash indicator light I. D.
if I remember right, it's low fuel, low oil pressure, and alternator
I can always depend on Tractor by net for help from others. Thanks for a quick response on the indicator lights. Would you have any idea where the oil sending unit may be? I have tried to trace wires but they all go into a factory wrap that is very nice, not just taped. I'll look further but I sure can't find an oil or heat temp ( I know it's air cooled) sending unit. What a sturdy little unit with a decent deck design in need of few, very few, deck upgrades. I have also looked for a wiring diagram and can't seem to find one at a reasonable $. Thanks again.

/ J Deere 1989 Model 170 dash indicator light I. D. #4  
doing a good bit of guessing, been many a year since I've seen one of them, but you should most likely look around the oil filter area, should be a single wire switch screwed in.

/ J Deere 1989 Model 170 dash indicator light I. D.
doing a good bit of guessing, been many a year since I've seen one of them, but you should most likely look around the oil filter area, should be a single wire switch screwed in.
Thanks so much joecdeere. I will look and worse case I may undo the pretty wiring harness and do the best I can on reassembly. Tons a thanks again.