45 loader for x series

/ 45 loader for x series #1  

Mtnlover64

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD X585,Mitsubishi/sakoh Beaver,ford 195
Hello, I have a question for all of you . I have an x585, great little tractor! I've done some mods to it, rear pto, 3 point hitch, hyd pressure shim, loader valve. Fel. My fel is not a John Deere, I couldn't justify the 3000$ or more, I found an older loader, not sure what brand it is but I only paid 700$ !! I've got the loader mounted, it works great! My question is about the JD locking mechanism for the quick attach on the front end of the tractor. I was wondering if someone has a 45 loader that could possibly take a video and or pictures of the mechanism and how it works. I talked to the local JD dealer and was going to buy a bucket and the locking mechanism ( part 12 in their part diagram). After being quoted 700$ for the bucket and nearly 1300$ for the mechanism I've decided to make my own! I don't like the way the ctc loader attaches, I haven't seen any pictures where the loader and mowing deck are on at the same time. I figured if I can see pictures or a video of the JD system I can fab something similar. I put a loader valve in the system because I didn't like the way the loader lever raises and lowers everything. The last part of the project is the front locking system. Thank you for reading this and for any help you can offer Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ 45 loader for x series #2  
Hey I have a model 45 loader on an x585 I can take some pictures of the latch. Do you want just pictures of the loader or the loader and tractor together? I would to hear and maybe see some pictures of your loader valve that you added. I would like a 3rd hydraulic function so I can run my loader and pull my grader box at the same time. Is that how you set the valve up? It will be it's evening before I get some pictures. I have the loader stored on different property so it may take a few days to take pictures of them together.

/ 45 loader for x series
Good morning, thanks for the reply. I need pictures of the front locking mechanism on the loader. How it mounts and locks to the tractor. I set my valve up so I don't have to open and close a lockout valve. I use my box scraper and loader at the same time and didn't like the way everything raised and lowered at the same time with the JD system, if sure like to know what their engineers were thinking when they designed a system like that. I'll try to get pictures for you tonight

/ 45 loader for x series
Hello this is a picture of how I set my valve up, I cut the line going to the factory black capped hydraulic coupler. I ran it through my valve which has power beyond capabilities then back to the factory coupler. I don't have any factory attachments but I don't see where there would be any problems. Thee only thing I might consider changing would be to turn the valve I mounted 180 degrees so the float would be in the right position. I haven't had any problems with this hookup , it's great to be able to use the loader separate from everything else and I still have use of the factory setup. Well I was going to load the picture but evidently the forum has disabled photo sharing so I'll have to get them to send me my password. As soon as this happens I'll upload the picture

/ 45 loader for x series
Hello this is a picture of how I set my valve up, I cut the line going to the factory black capped hydraulic coupler. I ran it through my valve which has power beyond capabilities then back to the factory coupler. I don't have any factory attachments but I don't see where there would be any problems. Thee only thing I might consider changing would be to turn the valve I mounted 180 degrees so the float would be in the right position. I haven't had any problems with this hookup , it's great to be able to use the loader separate from everything else and I still have use of the factory setup. Well I was going to load the picture but evidently the forum has disabled photo sharing so I'll have to get them to send me my password. As soon as this happens I'll upload the picture

IMG_2539.JPG

/ 45 loader for x series
If you need more pictures let me know, not sure why I couldn't upload this earlier

/ 45 loader for x series #7  
I will be at my loader tonight sorry I didn't make it there lastnight. That valve is larger then I thought it would be. I don't know if I would want that on the tractor all the time since my loader is only on half the year maybe. I could set it up like that and also use it for the snow blade. What all attachments do you have and what brand are they? I'm curious to want works to save some money. I have a jd 54 inch blade and the model 45 loader. There are some others I am looking at but I was thinking of buying a 420 to do all that with.

/ 45 loader for x series #8  
Likely Deere put in the simpler shut-off valve because front mounted equipment.. FEL, etc wouldn't be mounted at the same time.

To operate both FEL and rear blade ( 3-ph setup), then sub-ing in an electric valve in place of the manual valve should do it well.
Could then do without the menagerie of plumbing as shown in the photo of mtnlover. Just a thought.

/ 45 loader for x series
I don't have any other equipment for my tractor yet. I've been looking at blades, snow throwers etc but haven't purchased any as of yet. The pluming was that hard and I think it turned out pretty good, certainly not a menagerie! The valve isn't that big, it's not in the way when you're sitting on the tractor, being a heavy equipment operated by trade I'm used to always getting on and off on one Side. With the power beyond capabilities of the valve I've actually though of adding another valve at the back so I can use hydraulics to adjust my box scraper when I have it on

/ 45 loader for x series #10  
Couldn't you just use the factory levers and just make that go to the back? I think it looks fine I was just thinking it would be a little smaller than that. I haven't looked at any valves or anything yet.