X300 blade help

/ X300 blade help #1  

bu11seye

Tractor
John Deere X300
Gentlemen (and ladies too), I have two problems, getting old and mixed up blades. I'll deal with the failing eyesight and lapses of memory if someone can help me with the latter problem. I have a three or four year old X300 with a 42" side discharge deck. I also use a John Deere mulching kit (hollow black plastic deck insert sold with two blades. I tried two Gator blades and would like to return to the John Deere Mulching Kit blades. The Gators leave clumps whether I use the mulching insert or not. I set JD mulching blades on a bench and my dear, beloved wife put them on the shelf with the other blades, or maybe I did and just forgot. ;-) What I have are two sets of blades and I need to know which ones are the X300 factory originals or which ones are the JD Mulching Kit ones. The are marked:
Set 1 JD 06L and JD 06R M154061 (they appear identical even with the L & R markings.
Set 2 JD 03D (both blades)
I struck out after two hours searching on line. If no one can help, I'll just try them, but it is getting harder crawl around. Sometimes I jack it up, get down and forget why. Treasure your youth and thanks in advance.

/ X300 blade help #2  
We know the problem.. :) But just go buy a set of new blades, and then compare them.
Or look for the BM number likely stamped on the blades.
One or the other should work, and someday you will need new blades anyway. ;)

Go forward, and don't look back.

jdparts.com says to ORDER AM137328; Mulch blades for 42" deck

/ X300 blade help
Well, once again I am seeing AM137328. Nowhere on any of the blades does that number appear. beenthere, thanks for trying. Maybe someone else has the number I need. Hey! I'll take a winning MegaMillions or PowerBall number instead.

/ X300 blade help #4  
Likely this blade number is a new number for the blades you have. Suggested in JD parts that this AM137328 was a sub for the old part number.

/ X300 blade help #5  
Correct and current # for mulch blades on a 42c deck is am141033. Subbed from m145968, subbed from m149422, subbed from am137328. The m154061# that you have is the std side discharge blade that came with the machine, sub's to am141032 (eventually). These blades have been sold in a kit for for many years now, you may not get all #'s to match up with current #'s being sold since they are actually a kit, not individual blades.

/ X300 blade help
Correct and current # for mulch blades on a 42c deck is am141033. Subbed from m145968, subbed from m149422, subbed from am137328. The m154061# that you have is the std side discharge blade that came with the machine, sub's to am141032 (eventually). These blades have been sold in a kit for for many years now, you may not get all #'s to match up with current #'s being sold since they are actually a kit, not individual blades.

Thank you so much! You saved me a lot of grief and possible extra work. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, so I can under my green machine and get the mulcher kit back on with its correct blades. Thanks again!