Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck

/ Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck #1  

sjm1027

Tractor
John Deere X354
When I purchased this mulching kit I figured all I had to do is flip the handle on the deck to either open the Shute or to bag or close it to mulch. So now it seems I have to add this special attachment with 3 bolts every time I want to bag the grass and then remove that and add a new attachment to just mulch. With the banger on I can't mulch because the fitting that holds the bag on gets into the way of the door. Does anyone else see this issues and is there a workaround?

/ Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck #2  
Time for a clever idea and a good fix for the problem. Hope you find a way to "quick tach" or "release".. :thumbsup:

/ Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck #3  
Is it advertised as having a mulch on demand capability? If so, is it advertised as working with the bagging system or without - meaning mulch on demand is only available when side discharging and not bagging. Questions for the sales team if you ask me.

/ Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck
Is it advertised as having a mulch on demand capability? If so, is it advertised as working with the bagging system or without - meaning mulch on demand is only available when side discharging and not bagging. Questions for the sales team if you ask me.

Yes no kidding, fell into that one. I am taking a look, could be a good winter project. My first look wasn't promising but there has to be a way.

Last edited:
   / Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck #5  
Tes no kidding, fell into that one. I am taking a look, could be a good winter project. My first look wasn't promising but there has to be a way.

I wasn't meaning to criticize or imply you should have asked before you bought it, just that calling and asking a sales guy or looking at the ad sheet might answer your question as to whether or not it was even intended to work that way in the first place. I for one don't know the answer and likely would have made the purchase without thinking of the specifics such as that. I would love to see a mulch on demand option trickling down into the consumer equipment that works the way we use it.

I wasn't meaning to criticize or imply you should have asked before you bought it, just that calling and asking a sales guy or looking at the ad sheet might answer your question as to whether or not it was even intended to work that way in the first place. I for one don't know the answer and likely would have made the purchase without thinking of the specifics such as that. I would love to see a mulch on demand option trickling down into the consumer equipment that works the way we use it.

I undestand, the sales guy told me it was mulch on demand... he meant mulch on demand except when you put a bag on it. Your right, I should have looked into it a little more. It only takes 10 to 15 minutes to convert but wished it was as easy as he let on. Live and learn I guess.

/ Multching Kit for Accel 42" Deep Deck #7  
That does kind of stink, probably the most common setup I would imagine would be bagging and mulching, I know I would mulch a whole lot more if I didn't have to remove blades, install mulch plug, and reinstall blades every single time. I like the gator blades, they do it all, but in order to install the mulch plug the blades have to come off lol. That 10-15 minutes is enough to deter a lot of people from being able to use it, I know I wouldn't take the time. Going from discharge to mulch on demand is a commercial feature, not a consumer feature. Maybe they'll take a hint and improve upon it! How does the deep deck mow? Any better than the previous style decks or is this a first in the line for you?

That does kind of stink, probably the most common setup I would imagine would be bagging and mulching, I know I would mulch a whole lot more if I didn't have to remove blades, install mulch plug, and reinstall blades every single time. I like the gator blades, they do it all, but in order to install the mulch plug the blades have to come off lol. That 10-15 minutes is enough to deter a lot of people from being able to use it, I know I wouldn't take the time. Going from discharge to mulch on demand is a commercial feature, not a consumer feature. Maybe they'll take a hint and improve upon it! How does the deep deck mow? Any better than the previous style decks or is this a first in the line for you?

my first time with a JD mower. Love the 4 wheel steering and the deep deck as well. Very happy with the performance.