X738 Constantly Blows Fuses

/ X738 Constantly Blows Fuses #1  

OutBurst

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026r
My new-to-me 2013 X738 won't run (or start) because it keeps blowing the 20 amp fuses. Is this a common problem with a simple solution?

/ X738 Constantly Blows Fuses #2  
Wouldn't think it is a common problem.

Rig up a light bulb to plug into the fuse slot.. if the bulb lights then it shows a short. Track down what is causing this circuit to short out.. maybe a chewed wire grounding out somewhere. Moving wiring around may cause the light to go out, thus finding the culprit.

/ X738 Constantly Blows Fuses #3  
Wouldn't think it is a common problem.

Rig up a light bulb to plug into the fuse slot.. if the bulb lights then it shows a short. Track down what is causing this circuit to short out.. maybe a chewed wire grounding out somewhere. Moving wiring around may cause the light to go out, thus finding the culprit.

I agree a light instead of fuse is the way to trouble shoot a short.
Does the fuse blow with the key at RUN? Or only when advanced to START? That might help point you in the direction of the short.

/ X738 Constantly Blows Fuses
SOLVED! There was a frayed wire under the gauge cluster. I taped it up well and it is good to go!

/ X738 Constantly Blows Fuses #6  
Most likely a chaffed (shorted) wire somewhere. That's what fuses are for, to keep your tractor from catching fire and burning down.