JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #1  

JAMES KELLEY

Tractor
JD1025
I AM LOOKING FOR IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE ONE END OF 1025-60" MOWER DECK STAND SWIVEL. CURRENTLY HAVE IT ON TWO STATIONARY AXLES/WHEELS AND IT IS A PAIN TO CHANGE DIRECTION SINCE I RECENTLY HAD BACK SURGERY. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #2  
Don't follow.. maybe some pic or two will help.

Do you have the "drive-over" deck?

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #3  
I assume you have Larry's Mower Axles? You could try this product: Home

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND
Don't follow.. maybe some pic or two will help.

Do you have the "drive-over" deck?

YES, IT IS A DRIVE OVER DECK JOHN DEERE 60 D. I HAVE AXLES AND WHEELS ON BOTH ENDS BUT WANT TO MAKE ONE END SWIVEL SO IT IS EASIER TO MOVE WHEN IT IS UPRIGHT.

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #5  
"easier to move when it is upright" is maybe not what I think it is.. you with a bad back, am not imagining you tilting that deck up (maybe to store? ).. or am I wrong? ok, just went to kennyd's link..so maybe what you have.
Again, some pics will help.

pls drop the CAPS, as your post will be easier to read (for me, anyway).. tks

note:
Looks like the deck dolly (link) could be modified with caster wheels and then just a little effort could go any direction. Good challenge for the deck dolly people.

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #6  
BT, he has (or has made something simular) to these: Mower Deck Axles,Carrera,Cayman,John Deere,Kubota

Here is my deck on them:
60 MMM.JPG

The problem with having one axles pivot could be the instability that could occur when turning.

James, can you weld and fabricate?

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #7  
Good idea there, and tks for the pic. See a few additional mods that could be made to the basic idea. Hope the OP sees the possibilities.

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #9  
What, maybe 20 # lift? Doubt much more with the length of those handles.

/ JD 1025 MOWER DECK STAND #10  
Get a couple of these.
Casters.jpg

Either weld or bolt them onto a pipe that fits in the place of the current roller wheels.

Richard