HOW MUCH AIR

/ HOW MUCH AIR #1  

KEYBEAR

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere X-758
This spring I put a set of 26-12 Ag tires on my x-758 how much air do you use in them .
Now I am running 7 lb and it rides ok and no problems . I only mow and pull a yard cart .

/ HOW MUCH AIR #2  
How much pressure does it say on the sidewall of the tire ?

/ HOW MUCH AIR
Thanks That really helps Why did I not think of that .
Makes me wonder don't know don't post .
Or how much you run in your tires ?

/ HOW MUCH AIR #4  
Prolly says "up to" or "not to exceed" so many pounds. Has to do with load and plys in the sidewalls,

/ HOW MUCH AIR #5  
I have R4's on my tractor and run them at max pressure as stated on the side wall of the tire

/ HOW MUCH AIR #6  
low enough to keep them on the rim. and keep the rim from spinning within the tire. and less than max pressure stated on the tire.

rather have a squishy tire per say, that flexes some to allow more tread to contact the ground for traction.

when tires are filled to the max pressure. the tires are to rigid for me. and only good on dry stuff. exception being front tires. tend to be a higher pressure. turning front tires can more likely cause tire to come off rim. due to tires gripping and pulling tire off rim.

check owners manual of tractor more likely recommendations to stay within PSI low, to PSI max. and possibly different for front and rear tires.

/ HOW MUCH AIR
I wish to thank all that responded . I guess then asking a question it really needs to be very simple and spelled out . First I know what the manual gives as to air pressure also the number found on the side wall of the tire . That was not really my question I thought I had ask that do you run in your AG TIRES . (guess not) I keep forgetting this is the internet sorry .

/ HOW MUCH AIR #8  
On a lawn tractor, there are lots of variables but nothing comparable to what you need for a CUT or even a big ag tractor. If 7 pounds seems comfortable to you and the tire is not slipping on the rim, then I wouldn't change a thing. I run about 12 PSI on my zero turn mower which weighs 850#.
What you want to do is put just enough air to have the full bar tread contacting the ground. This may not be possible with your lawn tractor with the larger than factory tires, the sidewalls may be so stiff that they wont make full contact even with 0 psi in them. In that case, 7-10 PSI would be my range of operation for them. Even on my 70 HP tractor with16.9x30 tires, I only run about 10-12 PSI (depending on the weight of implement on the back) to get full tread contact.

/ HOW MUCH AIR #9  
Are you thinking AG TIRES need to be a different air pressure?
What does it say on the sidewall of the AG TIRE for max pressure?

/ HOW MUCH AIR #10  
I would start at 10 lbs. of pressure while on a concrete surface and then adjust the tires visually by gut and experience.

With the hdap tires which may react differently than the ag tires I run them at 9psi. I suspect you will need to experiment with this and the ag tires but would guess somewhere between 8 and 12 psi should be correct.