GX345 Carb- Get JD part or Kawasaki part?

/ GX345 Carb- Get JD part or Kawasaki part? #1  

Basstronics

Tractor
2002 JD GX345
Im having a fuel issue and have it narrowed down to the carb. I do not have the expertise or patience to do a carb rebuild with the small parts. Looking to buy a new carb.

JD part is $210 bucks. Kawasaki part is $118.

Im told the only difference is one has the shutoff solenoid which would help prevent backfires when I shut off the engine. Is it porrible to buy the cheaper carb and just remove the bolt on the bottom and add my solenoid? Just bout a replacement solenoid thinking it was the problem- hate to pay for iot again on a new carb.

Anyone use the carb with just a bolt?

John Deere Carburetor Kawasaki GX 345 FD611V AM131756 | eBay

Genuine OEM Kawasaki CARBURETOR-ASSY [KAW][153-2347]

/ GX345 Carb- Get JD part or Kawasaki part? #2  
I've heard when the solenoid fails you can grind down the pin and get your tractor running, but no longer have the anti backfire feature. I would buy the Kawasaki carb and try it as is.

/ GX345 Carb- Get JD part or Kawasaki part? #3  
Im having a fuel issue and have it narrowed down to the carb. I do not have the expertise or patience to do a carb rebuild with the small parts. Looking to buy a new carb.

JD part is $210 bucks. Kawasaki part is $118.

Im told the only difference is one has the shutoff solenoid which would help prevent backfires when I shut off the engine. Is it porrible to buy the cheaper carb and just remove the bolt on the bottom and add my solenoid? Just bout a replacement solenoid thinking it was the problem- hate to pay for iot again on a new carb.

Anyone use the carb with just a bolt?

John Deere Carburetor Kawasaki GX 345 FD611V AM131756 | eBay

Genuine OEM Kawasaki CARBURETOR-ASSY [KAW][15��3-2347]

Did you end up trying this carb..? Did it work..?
I'm in a similar boat.

/ GX345 Carb- Get JD part or Kawasaki part? #4  
Most times the Deere part comes in a Kawasaki box with a parts sticker over it. Deere certainly doesn't make them. If you source the right carb and can save $$ , go for it. The anti backfire solenoid isn't worth worrying about.