John Deere 318 charge pump

/ John Deere 318 charge pump #1  

Hjfowler

Tractor
John Deere GT275
Hello,

My charge pump sounds like there's something grinding away in it. Almost like something got sucked into it. I changed the fluid about 10 hours ago. The level is fine. Here a link to the sound. Can someone explain it to me or reassure me I'm not causing damage to this machine.

November 30, 2017 - YouTube

/ John Deere 318 charge pump #2  
Is that after 10 minutes to warm the fluid? What hydro fluid did you put in? to bleed air go back and forth on the steering and forward and reverse a lot (figure 8 in the drive way)(forward and backwards a lot). The only place that will not bleed is the lifts (ports in front and rear, unless you've built a loop plugin for them. When you changed filter on charge pump did you clean the area before removing old filter? Did you inspect hose for collapse (internal spring in hose)

/ John Deere 318 charge pump
Is that after 10 minutes to warm the fluid? What hydro fluid did you put in? to bleed air go back and forth on the steering and forward and reverse a lot (figure 8 in the drive way)(forward and backwards a lot). The only place that will not bleed is the lifts (ports in front and rear, unless you've built a loop plugin for them. When you changed filter on charge pump did you clean the area before removing old filter? Did you inspect hose for collapse (internal spring in hose)

No, that's right after firing it up. It gets softer as it warms up. I'm using low vis hygard. Yes, the area was clean before I changed the filter. No I have not inspected the suction tube. If there was a hole in that tube, or it was pulling air, wouldn't I have a leak?

Someone suggested my filter was airlocked since I didn't put oil in the filter before putting it on the tractor. Thoughts?

/ John Deere 318 charge pump #4  
I'm thinking a possible collapse hose (starving the pump), can you get the tractor up on 4 jacks? then you could run the tractor an observe the hose, just something to check off the possible problems. Remember it is roughly a 30 year tractor. I plan on PM mine in the Spring, since it will be 30+ at that time. Mine is noisy but then quiets down after running it 10 minutes or so.

There are some other checks in the TM1594 manual, under diagnostics section G page 250-15-4 (364 actual page of the pdf file)

/ John Deere 318 charge pump
I'm thinking a possible collapse hose (starving the pump), can you get the tractor up on 4 jacks? then you could run the tractor an observe the hose, just something to check off the possible problems. Remember it is roughly a 30 year tractor. I plan on PM mine in the Spring, since it will be 30+ at that time. Mine is noisy but then quiets down after running it 10 minutes or so.

There are some other checks in the TM1594 manual, under diagnostics section G page 250-15-4 (364 actual page of the pdf file)

Mine does quiet down as well, although. It completely.

I'm not causing damage, am I?