Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    285, 318, X740

Default Re: x595 engine kills when rising off seat

Quote Originally Posted by ccsial View Post
    When I took my X748 in for a radiator replacement last year I informed the service manager that I disabled the RIO and seat switch. I asked him if that was a problem and do I need to put it back before I bring it in. He said they didn't care what I did to it. So I guess it depends on the dealer.
    Same thing here. Seat and RIO disabled. Asked dealer when bringing in for service. Was told they would not restore to functional but would mention it to me when I picked it up. I have also read the same that they are required to restore disabled item to functional, that's the reason I asked. So like stated it seems to depend on dealer. Haven't picked it up so I'll see!

Tractor
    Deere, several

Quote Originally Posted by RedHawkRidge View Post
    I'm sure this topic has been posted previously, but when I try the site's Search function, I get thousands of hits without finding a relevant one.
    My 595 is 15 yrs old and reliability has been golden. Today (in Wis and temp is 25F), the engine stops running as soon as I release the brake pedal. I took the underseat switch to my JD dealer. Service people told me that JD's garden equipment is notorious for a problem in this area. They tested the switch and it was okay. They said it could be bypassed, but weren't authorized to tell me how.
    So can someone enlighten me? (a customer in the store said fixing the problem can be fixed simply with a paper clip).
    thanks jim
    Clean the old grass out from around every part of the parking brake system.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Farmall C, JD 260 Lawn tractor

I just put on my flame resistant Nomex jacket.

I hate safety switches and disable them all the time, there's no substitute for proper training, habits, and situational awareness.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post

I hate safety switches and disable them all the time, there's no substitute for proper training, habits, and situational awareness.
    As long as you are the only one that operates the machine, do as you like. I have my RIO disabled, but not the seat switch, or push the brake pedal to start system on my x485.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    Deere, several

If a case ends up in court, you won't have a defense.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Farmall C, JD 260 Lawn tractor

Quote Originally Posted by buickanddeere View Post
    If a case ends up in court, you won't have a defense.
    Guess I better not sell the old C. It doesn't have even one switch or device to keep me safe!

Not to mention, why would I sue the manufacturer if I disabled a "safety" and subsequently got hurt? It would be my own fault (personal responsibility).

Glad I donned my Nomex jacket!

Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Guess I better not sell the old C. It doesn't have even one switch or device to keep me safe!

Not to mention, why would I sue the manufacturer if I disabled a "safety" and subsequently got hurt? It would be my own fault (personal responsibility).

IN a safety meeting at a JD plant had a case of one guy starting a push mower in his basement and hr needed to keep it running. While the mower was running he carried it up the steps. At the top he was going to balance the mower one one leg and one hand. While reaching for the door knob and with the mower running it slipped onto the legs and arm.

Obviously it was his own stupidity and fault but still sued and JD paid the $$$ to not have to go to court.
    JD 3720 with R4s and bulldozer capabilities.
    X740

13 Millimeter = 1/2"--------25 Milimeters=1"-----------100 Millimeter = 4"----------1 Meter = 40---------1 Kilometer = 3300' or 5:8 ratio

A 13mm will but will be just slightly larger than a 1/2" nut.

Tractor
    JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R

I have this problem with my 2025R and had it with the 4010 (more or less the same tractor with less hp and fewer goodies) for when using the chipper/shredder. I just use a bungee cord to keep the back of the seat up against the ROPS.

Ralph
    The natural gardener
    God's original intent

Tractor
    Deere, several

If someone else is injured , it does not look good in court to have purposely defeated safety equipment somewhere, even if the person was not injured with that equipment .It shows a mindset in the eyes of the court of a person who disregards safety as a general rule.

Tractor
    Yanmar 147D with loader,Woods mow,n machine 6210 ,Sears st10,Roper rt 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deere Dude View Post
    IN a safety meeting at a JD plant had a case of one guy starting a push mower in his basement and hr needed to keep it running. While the mower was running he carried it up the steps. At the top he was going to balance the mower one one leg and one hand. While reaching for the door knob and with the mower running it slipped onto the legs and arm.

Obviously it was his own stupidity and fault but still sued and JD paid the $$$ to not have to go to court.
    And who says it doesn't pay to be stupid!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12