Lx176 without ignition

/ Lx176 without ignition #1  

Kransbox

Tractor
John Deere riding mowers, Deutz tractor
Long story short, I have a Lx176 without an ignition.

Would it be possible/easy enough to just make a kill switch/start button/other buttons for headlights/etc without trying to find a new ignition?

/ Lx176 without ignition #2  
Well we won't be able to advise you on this because it goes against policy of "elimination of safety devices". That being said you need to find out why, you have no ignition. Testing safety switches, wiring, connectors, fuses and the safety/ignition interlock board.

/ Lx176 without ignition
ahh okay. The ignition interlock board is absent - it has been removed by the previous owner

/ Lx176 without ignition #4  
Welcome to TBN.

Did the tractor run when you got it?

Richard

/ Lx176 without ignition #5  
Well we won't be able to advise you on this because it goes against policy of "elimination of safety devices". That being said you need to find out why, you have no ignition. Testing safety switches, wiring, connectors, fuses and the safety/ignition interlock board.

Kish,
I don't know what "policy" you are referring to. Could be yours.

If the OP wants to figure out what is causing the "no spark" issue, then he needs to start with checking all the safety switches and perhaps jumping them out to find the problem.

/ Lx176 without ignition #6  
Long story short, I have a Lx176 without an ignition.

Would it be possible/easy enough to just make a kill switch/start button/other buttons for headlights/etc without trying to find a new ignition?

If you need a shop manual or wiring diagram for this tractor, you can find it on the internet. I looked up this information and have the shop manual in PDF and also the wiring diagrams.

If you want, PM me and I can send them to you.

/ Lx176 without ignition #7  
The OP did post in a follow up posting that the ignition safety lock board was removed by the PO, and he wanted to jury rig it to run without it in the "original post". So this is basically removing safety devices not just for testing purposes. Another poster K7LN did offer advice as to a remedy by getting a used one from ebay or a new one. This site could then be shut down for suggesting or offering said advice about mods that purposely eliminate safety devices.

/ Lx176 without ignition #8  
The OP did post in a follow up posting that the ignition safety lock board was removed by the PO, and he wanted to jury rig it to run without it in the "original post". So this is basically removing safety devices not just for testing purposes. Another poster K7LN did offer advice as to a remedy by getting a used one from ebay or a new one. This site could then be shut down for suggesting or offering said advice about mods that purposely eliminate safety devices.

I read the guidelines on this site. Nothing about TBN being responsible for the postings of the community.

So while I share your concern for the safe operation the equipment, there is nothing that requires the owner/operator to keep all the safety equipment in working order.

/ Lx176 without ignition #9  
Will be a sad day if we be in such a country that would take controlling our lives to such an extent, when we are just exchanging information between ourselves.
Wonder if such policing would carry over to our news media and their making up news?

/ Lx176 without ignition
Welcome to TBN.

Did the tractor run when you got it?

Richard

It did not. I was told the engine isn't siezed. It looks like the guy started it manually by hot wiring it. I didn't mean this thread to cause such a fuss. Sorry about that.