john deere 212

/ john deere 212 #1  

al moore

Tractor
john deere 212
anyone ever changed pto on 212 to a after market pto

/ john deere 212 #2  
Have two 212's and not what I would call a PTO on either one. Pulley on right side of engine clutches in and out to drive mower deck. Would this be called the PTO? Going to take it to a local heavy duty clutch and joint place that is known for fixing this. Seems like this machine is close to 50 years old.

/ john deere 212 #4  
What is wrong with it? The PTO on my 214 works great.

/ john deere 212
What is wrong with it? The PTO on my 214 works great.

wire broke right at the winding coil just wondering if anyone has replaced the john deere pto with a extreme or stens or even a ocura pto john deere wants around a 1000 bucks for the am38404 pto and over 400 for the am38810 for the field coil I may have it fixed took it apart ,found enough wire to soilder to and expoxy the coil working at present ,I would like to still replace with a more compact pto I don't need this double pully set up I was told the other pully was for a snow blower. I have 2 of the 212 a 79 model I bought new with hydraulics and manual pto,the one I am working on is a 87 model - I also have a case 446 which I replaced the onan with a briggs 18 hp vanguard I delieve the case is a 78 model

/ john deere 212
that is your pto there is 2 different one is electric pto clutch the other is a manual both drive the belt for your deck

/ john deere 212
broke wire at the field coil think I have it fixed 212 and 214 are the same pto

/ john deere 212
thanks can I download the manual or refrence it

/ john deere 212 #10  
You are right about the two PTOs. I have the manual version.