Little Buck FEL on an X495

/ Little Buck FEL on an X495 #1  

Navvet

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4025 Bobcat S185 John Deere X495 John Deere 6x4 Gator
Anybody try this ??? Front end loaders for John Deere tractors | Little Buck Loader

I need a small / light duty loader at a reasonable price for some jobs.

The max width I can use is 48" so I am kind off limited. John Deere dealer said they discontinued the 45 series loader (and that was more than I wanted to pay).

Ideas / Opinions ???

Last edited:
   / Little Buck FEL on an X495 #2  
My son had one similar to that on his X485. Worked well for light dirt moving. Big thing is to install the relief valve in your transmission if you are installing the loader.

/ Little Buck FEL on an X495
   / Little Buck FEL on an X495 #5  
I have a CTC FEL on my X585 and like it better than the Little Buckets. I have had to modify mine a bit to beef it up but that is because I am pushing it harder than it probably should be. The 45 Series FEL is probably best but as you said they don't make them anymore and they are tough to find on the used market. CTC is second best, followed by the Little Bucket and Johnny Bucket at the bottom of the list.

JOHN DEERE X475 X485 X585 X595 X700 ultimate

You will have to make some changes with any FEL. You have to install a different Relief Valve as well as the arm for the free wheeling the tractor because the Relief for FEL work is much taller. While in there I would recommend re-shimming the implement pressure relief. You will need to make a pressure gauge and see where you are at to start with. I went from 900 PSI to 1200 PSI. It went from barely being able to lift a 1/2 bucket of dirt to lifting the back wheels off the ground. So now I run a Heavy Hitch with 6 x 42# suitcase weights and fluid filled rear tires.

It works well for my needs but now I am starting to look at moving up to a bigger machine once the Z950R is paid off. Thinking 2025R or 3032E. The machine is a dedicated FEL/snow machine for me managing my compost pile and spreading dirt 10% of the time, 40% doing general lifting a moving heavy stuff and 50% doing snow removal. Right now I do the snow work with a blade or blower. If I move up to something like a 3032E I will do a snow pusher on the FEL and maybe rear blower.