Deal of the year???

/ Deal of the year??? #1  

mg448

Tractor
none
Picked this up for $100 the other day(yes$100. I didn't forget a 0). Machine was the primary snow removal tool for sidewalks at a nursing home for 10 years . 580 hours. Came with blower, heated cab, spreader(motor on spreader is shot). Worked fine until last fall when it sprung a major hydraulic leak from around the steering pump under the seat. It's rusty and not in great shape but it started right up and sounded great after sitting all winter. After I poured a gallon of hydraulic fluid in it I was able to raise the snowblower and back it onto the trailer. It did dump most of that gallon in the 20' I moved it though. I don't need this for mowing, but my 2wd x500 really struggled on my hilly driveway during the big March snowstorms we got this year. The 4wd will be great for the hills. And the heated cab will be nice for this middle aged man. I think I got a pretty good deal on this.

Attachments

• IMG_20180328_111925.jpg
    IMG_20180328_111925.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_20180328_112013.jpg
    IMG_20180328_112013.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_20180328_112035.jpg
    IMG_20180328_112035.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 424
   / Deal of the year??? #2  
Such a deal.. worth putting some time and parts in it.
Suggest getting the service tech manual for starters.

I'm curious what the "steering pump under the seat" is, but am sure you will soon be finding that stuff out.

Looks like the salt spreader threw plenty up under and on that rig, thus the heavy rust.

Maybe you'll be soaking some of those parts in molasses and water solution to remove rust.

Enjoy that ride... hope we hear how it goes.

/ Deal of the year??? #3  
Wow...very jealous. Great score!

/ Deal of the year??? #4  
Picked this up for $100 the other day(yes$100. I didn't forget a 0). Machine was the primary snow removal tool for sidewalks at a nursing home for 10 years . 580 hours.

Wow... a good example of what a salt spreader can do to your equipment when you don't clean it afterwards. For $100 you still got a KILLER deal though. The snow blower alone is worth 10X that.

/ Deal of the year??? #5  
I don't even need a snow blower and I couldn't have gotten the money out fast enough. Why'd the sell it so cheap? The most likely reason I can think of is it was easier not to claim income taxes on it and just buy another one for another deduction. It looks like the cab is pretty sad shape. How's the rest of the tractor?

/ Deal of the year??? #6  
Blower alone worth lot more than $100...you done good...real good.:thumbsup:

/ Deal of the year??? #7  
Congrats on a **** of a deal.

/ Deal of the year??? #8  
Congrats. You found an awesome deal on a great machine.

/ Deal of the year??? #10  
I thought I nailed it with a $450 x485 with nearly new 54" mowing deck...but with seized engine. Your deal is insanely good. Congrats and enjoy.