John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches #1  

Jelf

Tractor
Kubota L35
The X370 has the accel deep deck and hydraulic deck lift.

Since I want to cut a certain area at 4" I raised the deck, turned the large control knob to 4" and then lowered the deck. I also moved the 2 front wheels to their lowest setting.

With the mower parked on a concrete slab I then measured the distance between the blade痴 cutting edge and the slab. That distance was 2.5 inches.

Somehow the 4 inch setting I made with the control knob is being ignored. Earlier in the year I did some mowing at a cutting height of 4" with no problem.

The mower is brand new with only a few hours on it. Is there something simple that I am missing?

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches #2  
Is the dealer close by? Perhaps a call to them or maybe load up you machine and take it over for them to look at.

Richard

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches #3  
The deck is actually raising and lowering when you adjust the controls?

Try looking at it.

Is the deck actually connected correctly to the lifting brackets? Are their multiple connection points / settings. When you turn the height adjust knob, does the cam on the back side of it (that controls the movement of the lifting linkage) actually move?

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches
Like so many things in life, it turned out to be simple operator error.
:duh:

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches #5  
Which was?
A bit of confession will help those who run across this thread, with the exact same problem..
Glad it worked out for you. :thumbsup:

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches #6  
Like so many things in life, it turned out to be simple operator error.
:duh:

Glad to hear you figured it out. Please let us know what the error was so people who come across the same issue can learn from it!

/ John Deere X370 cannot cut higher than 2.5 inches
I am not sure what I was doing wrong. It is certainly a simple process. Worst of all, I can't even blame too much beer since I had nary a drop.