Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA?

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #1  

JJE64

Tractor
X585
I am deciding between an X585 with 54" mower and a 2210 with an FEL and 54" mower. I have two acres about half is wooded and needs some clean up. The rest is grass. I currently own an L130 and want to upgrade. The property has some sloped ares.

The X585 would get a Johnny Bucket for "loader" work. But, since the prices seem close between the X and the 2210 I want to look at a 2210.

THe X585 with the JB would probably suffice, but I don't want to "underbuy" on the tractor.

Anyone in the southeastern PA area have good pricing info?

From Deere website the 2210 with a ballast box, 54" MMM and FEL is about $15K. The X585 with the 54" mower and some rear quick tack weigts is about $12K.

Do dealers in this area negotiate?

Thanks
John

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #2  
There are several JD dealers in this area. I just ordered a new Gator HPX and the prices ranged from $9595 to $10563 for the same exact set up.

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA?
Thanks for the info.

How did those prices compare with list? Were they 10% off? Or more?

John

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #4  
For the Gator the way I had it set up the low quote was 17% off list...

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #5  
<font color="red"> I am deciding between an X585 with 54" mower and a 2210 with an FEL and 54" mower </font>

Welcome to the forum! There is plenty of reading on this topic here. Just do a search on bottom of page, should bring up plenty.
That stuff aside, I was doing same thing you are about 1 1/2 years ago. Be sure when you price the "X" models, to include stuff that is optional. Mostly the rear pto. I was about to go with the X, didn't think I needed the 2210. I sure am glad I got the 2210 though. When you are price comparing the two, are you pricing the X with the JD loader?

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #6  
I bought an X585 with 54"deck with the intention of getting a tiller for it down the road. A few months later purchased the JB Sr. and have used it to spread mulch and dig out a stump. I found the JB a well made useful addition with it's only limitation not being to lift over a foot off the ground. Recently struggled with trading up to a 2210 with FEL but could not bring myself to losing so much money for a unit only 4 months old. I did equip the 585 with the PTO/3pt and 45 loader which cost about another $4k. So in all I have close to 16K in the X585. If I were to do it again I diffinitely buy a 2210 with FEL, 62 deck.

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #7  
JE64,

Yes the dealers will negotiate. From my experience this has been 12-16%. I second DJLX's comment about the 62" MMM, this combo effectively gives the 2210 a 36" uncut circle. You'll find the real limit to its maneuverability is the ROPS, which can easily be solved with landscaping. One thing just learned the hard way, is that I would consider having the 50 hr. servicing thrown in (you can do it yourself, but I wanted this service at least done by the dealer). Other than that, test drive both, consider resale, haggle a bit, and pick the one that's best for you! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #8  
I just purchased a 2210, 54" deck, 210 Loader here in Chicago area for around $13k. Tires came Liquid filled instead of a ballast box. So far has done everything I have asked and more.

/ Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #9  
The <font color="green">2210</font> is a tractor while the <font color="green">X585</font> is a lawn mower.
I don't want to upset anyone out there. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
If you want to dig or do heavy work the <font color="green">2210</font> is the way to go. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If you want gadgets and a sporty looking machine... you might like the <font color="green">X585</font> better.
<font color="brown"> I believe the <font color="green">X585</font> has Cruise Control while the <font color="green">2210</font> does not.</font> /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
The <font color="green">2210</font> is more money but if you try to upgrade to one after, you will be out a lot of money. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I know I could not have lived with a <font color="green">X</font> series, not even the <font color="green">X595SE</font>.
The <font color="green">X585</font> will fit on a smaller trailer if you plan to move it a lot.

I just put a new culvert under my road and I dug down 24" X 20' in under an hour (See attached photo). I could not be happier with it.

<font color="purple">I paid $13K with...
~Loaded Tires
~Front End Loader
~Ballast Box
~62C Mid Mount Mower
~Free Delivery
~Free Pick-up and Delivery for all Warrantee work.
</font>

You will have NO regrets if you get the <font color="green">2210</font> but you may not need this much machine. If the lawn mower is all you need... it may be best for you. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 513341-deere_culvs.jpg
    513341-deere_culvs.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 319
   / Good Price for a 2210 or X585 in Southeast PA? #10  
I'm in southern VT, my dealer is consistently 10% off list for in-stock & msrp (or close) for anything he has to order. On service work he'll pick-up and drop-off for no charge. Next closest dealer is 35 miles away; heard they're more negotiable in pricing but I prefer to keep the business local. I've had the 585 for 18 months (150 hrs) with 62C mower, FEL, MC519 vac/cart, and front mount thatcher. I also have 2 acres with some slopes, needed alot of clean-up and I have a list of landscaping projects as long as my arm. I've been very happy with the whole 585 set-up.

I have a bunch of apple trees on the property and the smaller size of the 585 is nice for getting around and under them. The FEL has been very impressive for a small machine - I can't believe the stuff it can pick up. I find myself needing a backhoe for several projects - no dice with the 585. The dealer will give me exactly what I paid for the 585 in trade towards a 4110 - if I do it this fall. From perusing the forum it seems like he may be very generous in doing this.

'Options' on the 585 can be expensive if you start to add them later; like a PTO or 3pt hitch. If I didn't need a backhoe I'd be thrilled to keep the set up I have. If you're confident you won't need a BH down the road and there's not a huge amount of loader work I'd recommend the 585 if it's that much cheaper than the 2210. Of course, you'll hear from the 2210 fans that their machine is the way to go!

-Norm