JD LT150 reverse kill switch

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #1  

Skidmark25

Silver Member
Tractor
B7610
I have a JD LT150 with a hydro trans. When the mower deck is engaged I have to press a button to go in reverse or the engine dies out.

Anybody know how to disable this reverse kill switch?? I think this is more of a hazard than a safety feature. It is too difficult to steer and press and look over my sholder where I am going.

Thx . . .Skid

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #2  
There are plenty of posts here on how to do this - but you should not have to hold the switch in the whole time while reversing. The system is supposed to work so that you press the reverse override, depress the reverse hydro pedal - and release the switch. You don't need to hold the switch in. My wife still forgets that aspect on her LT160 and holds the switch in while backing up.

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch
Anyone else help?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I used the TBN search feature I looked up kill, reverse, switch, etc. got alot of chatter about the problem but found no posts that would explain how to override it

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #4  
I havent looked at mine, but it should just be a simple two wire circuit. Take an ohm meter, between the two posts of the unplugged switch and see wich way the switch works. I would assume it is normally open and closes when you push the button. If that is the case just jump the wires together. If it is a normally closed switch, just leave it unplugged. If you dont have an ohm meter, just unplug it and try the mower operation. If that doesnt do it, jump the wires together and try it. As long as this is a two wire switch, this will work. Just dont forget the safty factor, the switch is there for a reason.

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #5  
There should be a 'connector' somehwere beneath the left rear fender area, near the frame that has 2 wires going to the transmission. Unplug this connector and you're in business. No need to jumper it, just unplug it. (At least that is the way it was on my LT133)

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just dont forget the safty factor, the switch is there for a reason. )</font>
I am all for safety, but what reason do they have for needing a reverse switch?

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #7  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Just dont forget the safty factor, the switch is there for a reason. )</font>
I am all for safety, but what reason do they have for needing a reverse switch? )</font> For stupid people that have the blades engaged,mowing when backing up and don't look behind them. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #8  
What he said.... he beat me to it. We have an overwhelming obligation in this country to protect those who dont think for themselves......

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For stupid people that have the blades engaged,mowing when backing up and don't look behind them.
)</font>

still don't understand the concept, so if it has an overide switch this is supposed to make people look behind them? the only 2 saferty switches on my GT is the clutch/brake interlock and the operator present switch (which is only active when the blades are engaged.) other than that what more do you need. mabey i am just an old fashioned old coot.

/ JD LT150 reverse kill switch #10  
This mower is Hydrostatic, push fwd-go fwd, push rev-go-rev. So in order to keep someone from running something over when the blades are turning, if you push reverse, the engine dies. The button he is talking about just verifies that the operator knows hes backing up. It also has a seat safty switch and e-brake switch as well to make sure you dont stick your feet under the deck while the blades are on either. If the stupid would just stop breeding, we wouldnt need anyone to hold our hands /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hope that helps.
I dont care for the switches on mine, but it keeps my 10yr old focused on the mower rather than picking up the dogs ball while hes mowing. So I guess its not too bad.