Deere GT242 Hood

/ Deere GT242 Hood #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Well if it wasn't for bad luck sometime i think I would not have any luck at all.

While servicing My GT242 the Xenoy hood fell off, Yes that is right fell off!

The weak spot in these is where it hinges next to the muffler at the bottom.

I had to use their readily available repair kit on one side before but this time the whole thing broke off.

The only thing I can find on Ebay is an upper one that is broken as well! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The bad news is for a new upper hood , whih broke when it fell on concrete is $170.00 + $210.00 for the lower part, $38.50 for decal and $6.25 for a foam intake seal.

The cheapest I can get these parts new is like $425.00.
So beware on these Xenoy hoods as they are pricey, I almost lost it when I looked up the prices at jdparts.com & most dealers want list for them. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Deere GT242 Hood #2  
Several years ago I had a J.D. GT275. I actually enjoyed using the machine, it did everything I expected of it, and a little more.

I had just parked my brand new dump truck in the driveway. The 275 was parked facing the right front corner of the truck, about 5 feet away from it. I asked the bride to back the tractor into the garage while I went to get a tool.

I heard the tractor start, then I heard a crash. Apparently what happened is she inadvertently hit the "forward" pedal instead of the "reverse" pedal. For whatever reason the unexpected forward movement caused her to depress the pedal fully!

In the end, no damage to the dump, thankfully, but the hood and emblem replacement set me back $472.00!

/ Deere GT242 Hood
I will be real close to Your figure by the time I pay tax on it.

The parts are supposed to be in tomorrow morning, Hopefully I will never need another one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Deere GT242 Hood #4  
Why isn't any body out there Making replacement hoods out steel or aluminum instead of that brittle stupid plastic crap??? The price that deere charges for these darn plastic hoods is way too HIGH! and in two to three years it will be just as brittle and will break just the same and there you will go again! Another $450.00 dollars down the drain! How about it guys aren't there any good tin smiths out there!

/ Deere GT242 Hood #5  
Why isn't any body out there Making replacement hoods out steel or aluminum instead of that brittle stupid plastic crap??? The price that deere charges for these darn plastic hoods is way too HIGH! and in two to three years it will be just as brittle and will break just the same and there you will go again! Another $450.00 dollars down the drain! How about it guys aren't there any good tin smiths out there!

What a whiner...you dredged up a 10 year old thread with your first post just to bash Deere? I think that's spelled - T*R*O*L*L...

Way to go...