Jd X475 2ws

/ Jd X475 2ws #1  

Dirtboy

Silver Member
Tractor
Cant decide
Hi all, I have just under 2 acres of lawn w/big trees (lots of leaves) . Now I have A john deere commercial walk behind w/48in deck. Wife wants something she could use (with A steering wheel). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Im gonna keep the walk behind but thinking of getting A x475 2ws. Does anybody have one of these and if so how do they like it? Im also gonna get the 7 bushel collection system. Will this collection system suck up maple and walnut tree leaves? Thanks Mike

/ Jd X475 2ws #2  
That machine would work great for your yard. The powerflow on the collection system will work very well to suck up your leaves, but you may want to consider a larger collection system if you have a lot of leaves. The 7 bushel system may require frequent unloading. The MC519 (19 bushel) may work better for a large yard like you have. It uses the same powerflow, but has a much larger collection capacity, meaning fewer dumps. Just something to consider. I've used a few of them and love 'em.

/ Jd X475 2ws
Thanks Keerym, I just got off the line with the dealer. Here is what we came up with: x475 2w steer w/ 54in deck and 3 bag 14 bushel power flow collection. $9361 + tax. for $500 more I can get the x485. No intrest, no payment until april 06 sounds attractive. Anything that would make A huge diff. between the two ? Thanks Mike

/ Jd X475 2ws #4  
Fuel injection. I see your in New York, would you plan on adding any snow removal attachments like a blade or a blower? If you do, you might appreciate the extra 2 Hp from the 485. Also, the 485's fuel injection eliminates the choke, so it starts very well in cold weather......but the 475 does too if you do it properly. I guess it comes down to your needs, otherwise the skies the limit. For an extra......you could have the 495 diesel model too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or four wheel drive /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Jd X475 2ws #5  
Have you considered the sub-cut? For the price you are talking about I think you can get a Kubota BX1500, MMM and FEL. I was in the market early '04. I was quoted close to the same price for a JD 2210 or Kubota BX 2230 with a 60in MMM.

Just something to make your choise a little harder.

/ Jd X475 2ws #6  
I just got this price on a Kubota BX1500 with a 54'' mid mount mower deck $7299. This would move you up out of the garden tractor class into the sub compact class for less money than the garden tractor.

I was talking to my local dealer the other day and he offered me the BX1500 tractor alone for $6200.
The BX1500 comes standard with four wheel drive and power steering.

I never priced a Bagger because I just leave grass clippings and leaves lay.
Has worked excellent on my place for the last 39 years.
To me a bagger just isn't worth the extra money nor is it worth the extra time and effort required to use it.

/ Jd X475 2ws
Thanks for the replys guys, I thought about A 2210 ( I prefer green) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif My plan is to buy A compact in the spring of 06 for field work and have this unit for mowing and possibly snow blowing. I have several mature maple and walnut trees in my yard, that produce many leaves. wet leaves on the ground over the winter on the grass is no good. I also use the leaves for the garden. Im out of work now recouping from ankle surgery. Then in january I will be out for shoulder surgery. So the wife and 14 yr old son will be handleing the chores. Thanks Mike

/ Jd X475 2ws #8  
If you're going to be using this unit in the snow you might want to step up to a 5xx machine that has 4wd. It's a little more cash but you likely won't have to deal with putting on weights and chains. The subcompacts would be preferable if you wanted an all around machine but for a MMM (mostly mowing machine) the X series Deere or the GR2K Kubotas are the way to go.

You would do well to look at the GR Kubotas...they might just make you go orange.

/ Jd X475 2ws #9  
You won't find a 2210 next Spring.The 2305 is arriving supposedly in the middle of September.

I Myself am interested in seeing the 2305. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Jd X475 2ws #10  
2305's are on dealers lots NOW!
they have been out for about 2 or 3 weeks now...

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif