John Deere L120

/ John Deere L120 #1  

Green09

I know this had been discussed here before but I'm curious to know some thoughts on the JD L120. I'm looking to mow about 8 hours/week next summer and I'm in the market for a riding mower. I would like the best machine for around $2500. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

/ John Deere L120 #2  
I have an LT150, it has been a decent mower. I was told originally from JD that the Home Depot JD's are not the same quality(I've heard they're MTD). My personal experience with JD is that they arent what they used to be. So, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad that they arent the same. Of course mine is smaller, however it has the Kohler engine(I like it) the fit and finnish on the mower fenders have been less than expected for the $2500 I spent 4yrs ago. I have had to shim the fenders and hood to eliminate anoying rattles that wear into the paint, JD had to paint the rear fender for me due to the seat track rubbing it, and I replaced one of the spindles last year. I could have bought 2 cheap Murray's for the same price as this one, though it is a good running engine and the Hydrostatic trans is awsome.Since I've worked the bugs out its a decent mower and I've used it quite a bit this year because of the rains here in Georgia. I'm sure others have good stories, though mine is sort of bittersweet.Good luck with whatever you decide, hope this helps to some degree.

/ John Deere L120 #3  
For $2500.00 I would go with the LT160 over the L120. LT160 is alot more machine and this time of year you can get one for $2500.00 easily. Drive them both you'll see the difference.

/ John Deere L120
Thanks for the info. My dealer is telling me I can get the L120 for $2100 now. That's about $200 cheaper than what they normally cost. What do you think? He would attach the bagger for $350 as well.

/ John Deere L120 #5  
Green09,
If your interested, I have a JD L130 for sale. It has 80 hours on it. 48 inch deck and has the 23 hp Kohler motor. Nothing is wrong with it. I just needed a bigger mower. I'm asking $1600.00 for it.

Click here for the JohnDeere L130 Features

Attachments

• 727560-JD L130.jpg
    727560-JD L130.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,471
   / John Deere L120
Thanks Letsroll...I think I'm going to end up waiting until the spring now. I'm sure this spring I'll be kicking myself though. Thanks!

/ John Deere L120 #7  
Maybe look at the new X300.