X485 ?

/ X485 ? #1  

Dirtboy

Silver Member
Tractor
Cant decide
Hi all I have cut the grass twice with my new X485 and wow what A machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have A ? concerning the hydro mower deck control. After I cut the grass and put the mower away should I lower the deck or is it ok to leave it up until I cut the grass again? My thought is if the deck is stored in the up position there is pressure on the system.

Adios, Mike

/ X485 ? #2  
I just park mine (after blowing it clean with the air hose). Sometimes it will drift down on its own, but there is no reason that I can think of to do it any particular way - other than what 'feels' good. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree that it is an awesome mowing machine. We are dried up now, so no mowing for awhile. Leaves on the trees are drying up and falling though, so will get the blower on one of these days. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ X485 ? #3  
dirtboy,

I can't see a reason to raise it afterwards. In two weeks it will drift down (leak down - okay) to the preset.

Isn't the X485 one heck of a nice machine!?

-off topic-

Did you end up getting the powerflow system?

Also I plug in a battery charger (via the lighter socket) into my X595 to keep the battery charged while it "sleeps" in my garage!

/ X485 ?
Thanks all !!! I did get the 14 bushel power flow collection system. Haven't had A chance to use it as the leaves are still hangin on. I did have A funny episode while trying to take off the bagger. I still had my cast on my ankle and was laying under the bagger on the garage floor. I pulled the pins on the side and pulled the handle all of A sudden the unit broke loss and fell on top of me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I couldnt power it off so I had to yell for my wife and son to lift it off me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Man that thing is heavy!!! sorry no pics. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adios, Mike